What Is Vote Buying?
Causes Of Vote Buying
1. Economic Problems
2. High Rate Of Poverty
3. Weak And Unfunctional Courts
4. Problem Of Temporary Staff
5. Lack Of Discipline
Effects Of Vote Buying
There are some effects, as a result of vote buying, some of which are:
1. Some people will be eager to join politics and possibly start a political career in order to build personal financial fame
2. Poverty is usually used by the politicians
3. Lack of justice will only make vote buying to continue
4. When temporary staff do not have experience at the work, they will definitely feel the need of making extra money, while at work, since they will returned joblessness after elections work.
5. Lack of discilpine in politics will encourage low electoral interest among Nigerian citizens
6. Possible Solutions To Vote Buying
7. There Should Be Strict Rules For All
8. Everyone belonging to election team, including all the staff involving, especially in the proces of voters registration, and votes counting as well as, results announcement must be responsible enough if they fear the penalties for vote buying offenders.
9. Another One Is Education And Training
Educational programmes will actually help in raising the political awareness of voters. Among electoral staff, there must be professionals, even in political parties. There is a need to explain to the electorates how important their votes are.
Read Also: How To Become a Nigerian Politician
10. The System Need To Be Reforms
Copyright Warning!Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all contents with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [email@example.com] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.