Here in this post, we are going to outline and discuss all IATA Courses and their career benefits. We hope you enjoy reading this expository piece.
IATA is the acronym for International Air Transport Association. It is a non- profit organization present in over 57 countries and growing.
They formulate, maintain and introduce new standards in the aviation Industry worldwide. To put it in a simpler term, IATA makes sure that in countries where they are present, their airlines, staffs, equipment and environment meet the required standards to guarantee the safety of passengers. The headquarters of this organization is in Montreal, Quebec Canada, and the DG/CEO is Alexandre de Juniac.
Apart from creating policies to guide standards in the industry, IATA also offers training to people who want to become professionals in the aviation industry. Upon completion of the required courses, the student will be awarded a diploma certificate.
You can take the IATA training online, or in any of their certified aviation schools in Nigeria. If you want to take their online training program, you can visit their website- https://www.iata.org/Pages/default.aspx?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7427071496
In this article, I will give you a detailed list of all Diploma courses offered by IATA, and their career benefits in the aviation industry.
Read Also: 10 Easiest Science Courses in Nigeria
All IATA Courses and Their Career Benefits
1. Air Navigation Services
- Air Navigation Service providers training Diploma
- Air Traffic Labour administration Diploma
- Property administration for Civil Aviation Organizations and ANSP.
Air Navigation Services (ANS), has to do with the management of air traffic in the airport or an airstrip. If you enrol for either of the following diplomas, you will be trained on how to manage a dynamic and ever-changing Air Traffic Management division.
Once you have secured any of those diplomas, you can work in the meteorological department, Search and Rescue or even as a Communication navigation expert.
What’s more, you can even start your own air navigation service providing company. These courses are important for air traffic controllers and personnel working for Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSP) or manage an Air Navigation Service Providing company.
In Nigeria, this are very lucrative courses to take and can secure you a good Job in the airport. NAMA are constantly searching for IATA certified Students to employ.
- Airline Custom Enhancement Diploma
- Airline Administration Diploma
- Airline Procedures Diploma
- Airline Diagnostic Administration Diploma
- Flight And The Region Diploma
- Airport Security Administration Diploma
- Flight Security Services Diploma
- Airport Security Program Diploma
- IATA – Embry-Riddle Nigerian Flight and Airport Law Diploma
- IATA – ENAC Modern Master in Flight Operations
- IATA – Jeppesen Flight Administration Diploma
- IATA – Nanyang Custom Training in Modern Administrative Affairs In Aviation
- Integrated Risk Management(IRM)Diploma
- Global Aviation Law Diploma
- Passenger Experience Diploma
- Profits auditing Management and Control Diploma – Passenger Stream
- Profits Administration Diploma
- Welfare Management for Airlines Diploma
- Resources Progression Security Administration Diploma
Taking any of this safety, security and passenger experience courses means, you are eligible to apply for a job in an airline company.
You can also secure a job as airport security or start your own private airport security firm. It is important to note that most airlines will require that you have at least 2 years’ worth of experience to be hired.
However, in some cases, this may not be required, especially if your CV is quite impressive. With a certificate in any of these courses, you can also work in the following airline departments; cargo shipping Agent, personnel, airport security clearance gates and Operations Flight Planning e.t.c.
- Flight Load Diploma
- Flight Load Administration Diploma
- Cargo Administration advancement Training with Harvard Business Publishing
- Dangerous Baggage Procedure Diploma
- Dangerous Baggage Quality Professional Diploma
- Pharmaceutical Baggage Management Diploma
- Special Baggage Management Diploma
- Special Baggage Management Diploma
- Supply Chain Security Management Diploma
These courses are specific for personnel that already work in the cargo department, and for people who want to work in the cargo department. Career options include; Cargo shipping agent, Cargo logistics Logistics, Check in agent-passenger handling.
4. Civil Aviation Authority
- Aeropolitical and Commercial Dealings Diploma
- Domestic Flight Management Diploma
- Global Flight Law Diploma
- Quality Administration for Domestic Flight Management and Air Navigation Service Providers Diploma
- Safety Administration in Domestic Flight Diploma
- Resource Chain Security Administration Diploma
For those who want a career in the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority or those who currently work in the industry, these diploma courses are very important.
If you already work in the NCAA, taking one of these courses can put you ahead of your colleagues in terms of new IATA industry standards. You will also stand a chance to receive a promotion once you take any of these diploma courses.
5. Corporate (general)
- Air Commercial Advancement Diploma
- Conventional Administration Diploma
- Human Principal Advancement Diploma
- IATA – Nanyang Commercial School Modern Administration Training in Aviation
- IATA – Nanyang Commercial Managerial School Directing MBA (EMBA) in Air Transport
- IATA – University of Geneva Modern Studies in Flight Administration
- Leadership & Administration Diploma
- Specialist Training Diploma
- Operation Administration Diploma
These courses are available for personnel who are Airline marketing and sales agents, Airline account managers, Sales representatives, Business development and Strategy Distribution agents Airline revenue management agents. You will learn to exploit a particular target market and make the most out of the latest commercial trends to achieve a working revenue generating strategy.
6. Ground Services
- Modern Airport Protocols Diploma
- Flight Procedures Substructure Diploma
- Airside Protocols Excellence Diploma
- Flight Security Test Diploma
- Keystone Protocols Diploma
- Integrated Risk Management (IRM)Diploma
- Unique Baggage Management Diploma
- Unique Baggage Management Diploma (Self-study)
- Resource Chain Security Administration Diploma
Everyone is eligible to take this course, from airport supervisors to airline crew managers, cargo agents, logistics agents and airport security. This course will help develop, and formalize integrated operations knowledge according to acceptable international standard.
7. Travel Agency
- Keystone in Travel and Tourism Diploma
- Administrating the Travel Business Diploma
- Travel and Tourism SpecialistDiploma
- Travel Sales and Management Diploma
This one is specifically for people who own or work in a travel agency or tourism firm. Call centre agents, ticketing and reservation agents, tour guides and travel agents might find these courses very useful.
It is said that no knowledge is a waste. If you already work in the aviation industry, taking any of these courses related to your field will help you reach your full potential in the industry, not to talk of meeting international standard.
However, you do not yet work in the industry, but you are looking to secure a job you can also take one or two of the following courses.
Although, a simple diploma is all that is required for some jobs in the aviation industry, having a tertiary certificate or university education gives you an edge in a competitive labour force.
⚽ Start winning football betting today!
👉 Get correct FREE GG and Over 2.5 football prediction tips. Click here to join
👍Showcase your business here!
With over 1M unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience for you to showcase your products and services. Simply get in touch via 👉 marketing@Infoguidenigeria.com.
🤑 Make Money now!
👉 Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria.
👉 Make Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, read more here
✍️ Be Our Guest Publisher!
Do you have a press release, breaking news, or any other helpful information to share with our growing readers? If yes, send your article to 👉 email@example.com.
We will be glad to publish it if the information is useful to our audience.
This post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Facebook, Whatsapp, Telegram and Twitter. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
Copyright Warning!Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all contents with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.