CBN Recruitment 2022 – Being the currency powerhouse of the country, many Nigerians keenly wait for the recruitment exercise of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), so that they can apply. If you are among those Nigerians looking forward to the opening of the CBN recruitment portal so you can apply, read on because this post is for you. In this article, I have taken time to analyze all the information you need to know about the CBN, its career overview, ranks, salary structure, application guide, the current status of CBN recruitment, and tips you can apply to succeed in the application process.
The Central Bank of Nigeria is the Bankers Bank established in 1958 by an Act of Parliament. The country’s Bankers Bank had undergone several amendments since its inception in 1958 including the CBN Decree No. 41 of 1991, others in 1993, 1996, 199, 1998, 1999 and 2007 Central Bank of Nigeria Act.
Read Also; United Bank for Africa Recruitment
CBN’s mandate is contained in the 2007 Act which charges the bank with the responsibility of exercising the overall role of managing the Monetary and Financial Policies of the Federal Government. A breakdown of the CBN objectives is as follows: CBN Recruitment
- Ensure monetary and price stability in the country
- Issue legal tender currency in Nigeria
- Maintain external reserve to safeguard the international value of the legal tender currency
- Promote a sound financial system in Nigeria
- Act like a Banker and provide economic and financial advice to the Federal Government
In addition, the Central Bank of Nigeria also has the responsibility of a Bank and Other Financial Institutions (BOFI) Act of 1991 as amended, which gives the apex Bank the sole aim of ensuring high standards for the banking industry through surveillance and the promotion of an efficient banking system in Nigeria.
The CBN is famous for the administration of some groundbreaking developmental projects, especially in the Agricultural and industrial sectors of the Nigerian Economy over the years. Jamb Result
Read Also; African Development Bank Group Recruitment
It is headquartered at Plot 33, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Way, Central Business District, Wadastral Zone, Abuja, Nigeria. The CBN is headed by a Governor who oversees the overall running of the Banks affairs. The current Governor of CBN is Mr Godwin Emefiele (CON) who resumed office in June, 2014.
Career Overview in the Central Bank of Nigeria
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) performs its functions through the following Departments:
- Banking Supervision Department: responsible for the supervision of Deposit Money Banks and Discount Houses in the country
- Consumer protection Department: manages and protects the services rendered and information provided to bank depositors
- Financial Policy and Regulation Department: develops and implement policies and regulations aimed at ensuring financial system stability. It also issue licenses and operations approval to other financial institutions
- Other Financial Institutions Supervision Department: responsible for the proper supervision of financial institutions in the country
- Payment Systems Management Department.
The above supervisory functions of the CBN are led or overseen by Heads of Departments who report to the Deputy Governor of the Central Bank on Surveillance. In addition to the supervisory framework departments above, the CBN is further structured into many other administrative departments operating under four (4) Directorates namely: Pounds to Naira
Read Also; Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment
- Governor’s Directorate: under which Corporate Secretariat, Governor’s department, Internal Audit, Risk management and Strategy and Performance operate
- Corporate Services Directorate: under which Finance, Human Resources, Legal Medical, Procurement and Support Services and Security Operates
- Economic Services Directorate: under which Financial Markets, Monetary Policy, Research and statistics operate
- Operations Directorate: under which Banking and Payment Systems, Branch operations, Currency Operations, Information Technology, and Reserve Management operates.
Employees are regularly recruited into the above 25 departments of the CBN to aid the organization achieve its objectives.
Ranks for CBN Employees
Ranks in the CBN started from the Board of Directors are as follows:
- Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria
- Deputy Governor of the CBN
- Accountant General of the Federation
- Branch Managers
- Data Analyst
- Loan Officer
- Graduate Trainee
There are also other ranks in the administrative units which data is not readily available for analysis.
Salary Structure for CBN Employees
The central Bank of Nigeria, CBN being the apex bank in the country as expected pays its employees fat of salary, reasonable allowances plus other benefits to place them on top of the chat of the highest paid staff in Nigeria. A breakdown of the CBN salary structure are as follows:
- Brach Manager N732, 000 per month
- Data Analyst N647, 000 per month
- Loan Officer N573, 000 per month
- Entry Level N122, 000 per month
- Graduate Trainee N43,000 – N60, 000 per month
Data Source: (thenigerianinfo.com).
Read Also; Kuda Bank Recruitment
Recruitment Process for CBN Jobs
The Central Bank of Nigeria recruitment exercise takes place online yearly and the recruitment portal is accessed via the CBN website at www.cbn.gov.ng. Once the recruitment portal is accessed, interested persons are to register their detail with a valid email and phone number. Dollar to Naira Rate
Requirements for CBN Recruitment
All applicants for any position in the CBN must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must possess the West African School Certificate (WASC) with three (3) credits including English and Mathematics
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc.), Higher National Diploma (HND) or National Diploma (ND) originals
- Birth certificate or declaration of age
- Be of age between 18 and 40 years old
- Valid means of identification such as National Identification Number (NIN)/Card, Voter’s Card, Driver’s License or International Passport
- Downloaded and completed parent/Guardian Form
Application Guide for CBN Recruitment
- Visit the CBN recruitment portal with your registered login detail via www.cbn.gov.ng
- Click on “Available Vacancies”
- Carefully fill the application form with authentic information demanded
- Upload your CV/Credentials
- Review your detail and submit
- Print out a slip for reference purposes
Read Also; Wema Bank Plc Job Recruitment
Tips to succeed in the CBN Application Process
- After application, stay updated for shortlisting information
- If shortlisted, prepare for the screening, aptitude test or interview
- Arrive exam or interview venue early, at least 30 minutes before commencement time
- Apply within the stipulated time and early. Try and be among the first 50 – 100 applicants
- Avoid multiple applications Npower Recruitment
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, and family positively and permanently.
For Latest updates on News, Jobs & Business Ideas, and Opportunities.
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
The images, except where otherwise indicated, are taken directly from the web, if some images were inserted by mistake violating the copyright, please contact the administrator for immediate removal.
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [email@example.com] for immediate removal.
🤑 Start Making Money from home today!
👍Advertise your business here!
With over 1M unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience for you to showcase your products and services. Simply get in touch via 👉 marketing@Infoguidenigeria.com.
🤑 Make Money now!
👉 Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria.
👉 Make Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, read more here