How to change date of birth after graduation

One of the most recurring issues in Nigeria is filing a wrong date of birth during your WAEC, JAMB, or NYSC registration. Incorrect date of birth on your certificates can render them useless if not corrected. Having a wrong date of birth has numerous consequences, from losing your admission to getting arrested for impersonation or forgery of documents.Information Guide Nigeria

Changing your date of birth while in school or looking for admission is quite easy and straightforward. However, once you’ve graduated, it becomes a little more difficult but not impossible. Do you have any certificate with an incorrect date of birth, and do you wish to change it? In today’s article, I’ll be guiding you on how to change your date of birth even after graduation. Continue reading to see simplified steps on how to correct your date of birth.change date of birth after graduation

Read Also: How To Change/Correct Name On Jamb Portal

How to correct your Date of Birth after Graduation

After graduating with an undergraduate degree in any higher institution in Nigeria, you will be required to undergo a 1-year National service at the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program. Only after successful completion of your service year will you be given a discharged certificate.Best List of All Airtel Tariff Plans 2022 and Migration Code Latest Update

The discharge certificate allows you to be employed within Nigeria. During your NYSC registration, if you Input a wrong date of birth, or if the date of birth on your WAEC certificate or JAMB Result does not tally with that on your NYSC portal, the discharge letter may not be issued to you. In this article, I’ll be showing you how to change the date of birth on your WAEC certificate, JAMB result, and NYSC portal.Npower recruitment

Read Also: How to Change Name in Nigeria

How to correct your WAEC date of birth

To correct/change the date of birth on your WAEC certificate, follow the procedures below:

  • Step 1: Go to any WAEC state or zonal office close to you
  • Step 2: Obtain an Attestation letter from your school showing that you were a bonafide student of the institution.
  • Step 3: Write an application letter for the correction of date of birth. The application letter must be addressed to the WAEC head office.
  • Step 4: Go with the original copy of your Birth certificate
  • Step 5: You will be asked to provide the original copy of the WAEC result you wish to correct
  • Step 6: Get a Sworn Affidavit for the correction of date of birth from a high court
  • Step 7: You will be required to present your school register showing you that you are among those that graduated from the institution
  • Step 8: You will also be required to pay a cash sum of N10,000 as processing fee for the correction of date of birth.WAEC result

Read Also: JAMB Change Of Course, Institution And Data Correction Process

How to correct your JAMB Date of birth

To correct/change your JAMB date of birth, follow the procedures below:

  • Step 1: Go to
  • Step 2: Log into your JAMB CAPS with your registered email and phone number
  • Step 3: Tap on “application for correction of data
  • Step 4: Click on “Proceed”
  • Step 5: Select “change of DOB” from the displayed options
  • Step 6: A transaction ID would be generated for the service. The transaction ID would be displayed on the confirmation page. A copy of the transaction ID will then be sent to your registered email address and phone number
  • Step 7: Review the details on the confirmation page and check for any errors. Note; the transaction ID will be displayed in a bold red font.
  • Step 8: To pay immediately using your card, click on continue. However, if you wish to use other payment options like the ATM, Banks, or Quickteller, you can do that using the transaction ID.
  • Step 9: Enter your card details on the Interswitch payment page displayed, and click on the Pay button.
  • Step 10: After payment, the status of your payment will be displayed on the “My payment section”. Also, an SMS and email containing your transaction ID and your payment status will be sent to you after the payment has been made.
  • Step 11: Click on “Continue”
  • Step 12: You will be asked to provide the following; the year of the examination, and your JAMB registration number.
  • Step 13: After inputting the required information correctly, the current date of birth on the JAM portal will be displayed.
  • Step 14: Kindly provide the new information in the boxes provided
  • Step 15: After entering your new information, click on “submit”
  • Step 16: An indemnity form will be displayed on the screen, download, and print out the indemnity form.
  • Step 17: Fill the indemnity form and take it to your institution for approval.
  • Step 18: Your institution will be responsible for submitting the approved form to the JAMB state office.
  • Step 19: Once the approved form has been received by JAMB, it will be uploaded to your JAMB profile. You will receive a notification once this is done.
  • Step 20: JAMB will process your application. If your application is approved, your date of birth will be changed as requested.NYSC Certificate Number Verification – How to check NYSC Certificate Number if it is Legit

Note: The Processing fee for the change of date of birth on JAMB portal is N2,500.

Read Also: NYSC Certificate Number Verification – How to check NYSC Certificate Number if it is Legit

How to correct your NYSC Date of Birth

To correct/change the date of birth on your WAEC certificate, follow the procedures below:

  • Step 1: Purchase WAEC result check PIN from any First bank branch or WAEC office close to you
  • Step 2: Visit
  • Step 3: Log in to your NYSC dashboard using your registered email and password
  • Step 4: Click on the option “Resume Registration
  • Step 5: Select “Change Date of Birth” option
  • Step 6: A form will be displayed on the screen
  • Step 7: Fill the form carefully, check for any errors before submitting your entry

Note: Once your entries have been submitted, the date of birth on your WAEC profile will be imported into your NYSC profile. Therefore, before carrying out this procedure, check to see if the date of birth on your WAEC certificate is correct. If not, you’ll need to change it first before carrying out the above procedures.JAMB Result

Check and Confirm: How much is Dollar to Naira today   Pounds to Naira today

🤑 Start making money from home today!

👉 Get correct FREE TIPS and Guides on how to make money from home today. Click here to start



👍Showcase your business here!

With over 1M unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience for you to showcase your products and services. Simply get in touch via 👉


🤑 Make Money now!

👉 Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria.

👉 Make Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, read more here


✍️ Be Our Guest Publisher!

Do you have a press release, breaking news,  or any other helpful information to share with our growing readers? If yes, send your article to 👉

We will be glad to publish it if the information is useful to our audience.


This post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Facebook, Whatsapp, Telegram and Twitter. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!

Copyright Warning!

Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all contents with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.

Native Udo

Native Udo is a Content Developer at InfoGuide Nigeria is a team of Resource Persons and Consultants led by Ifiokobong Ibanga. Page maintained by Ifiokobong Ibanga. If you need a personal assistance on this topic, kindly contact us.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button