Here in this post, you will get up-to-date information on the cost of customised plate number in Nigeria. You will also learn about the procedures to acquire one.
Owning a private plate number is not as difficult or as expensive as what people usually think, as a matter of fact it is almost the same procedure involved in both though one is a bit expensive than the other.
Customized plate number looks very special, gets people attention to your vehicle and as well make you stand out from the rest.
Read Also: How To Check Plate Number Owner In Nigeria
On the real though you will never think of using a customized plate number if you are that type that hate unnecessary attention, but if you like being in the center of the public then you probably need a customized plate number.
The cost of a customized plate number has never been the same as the regular plate number as it is always higher. The price of a personalized (private) plate number in recent time stands at N120,000.
But before going deeply into what could sum up to that amount let us check out the protocols you need to pass through before getting a customized plate number.
Read Also: 6 Steps to Apply for Plate Number in Nigeria
The procedures are as follows:
- Login to federal road safety plate number registration platform on nvisng.org . Download the various forms you would find on that website. The forms include the road safety commission form, auto vehicle license form, form B, tax form and allocation of plate number form. These forms can also be gotten at the FRSC office, so you choose which of the methods you prefer.
- Fill the forms adequately with genuine information and head to the state board of internal revenue/mobile license authority for the submission of this document. Also expected to be submitted along with the downloaded documents are:
- A hand written application for a customized plate number and the number or name to be written on it.
- Attestation letter and purchase receipt (for vehicles that are purchased brand new)
- Shipping documents (custom card) in case of imported vehicles
- Two passport photograph
- Identification documents (it could be a permanent voters card, national identification card or an international passport)
- Tax identification number (most recently added by the authorities)
- A valid driver’s license
- Insurance papers
- An insurance policy number
- Proof of ownership
- The documents will be receive and treated by the personnel in charge at the state board of internal revenue/motor license authority and if meets the requirement it will then be forwarded to the police to examine it further. The office on duty is expected to sign and stamp on it if it meets what it should and the reverse could be the case if found not worthy enough.
- Obtain a special number request form and fill appropriately what you want to appear on the plate number (name and number) and submit it back to the SBIR/MLA personnel.
- Proceed to make payment which is usually at the bank or electronic payment method is also acceptable. So, just login to the remita platform to generate your remita retrieval number RRR (remita.com) , proceed to the bank to make your payment and return to state board of internal revenue/motor license authority with your receipt.
Note; what you will pay for include vehicle license and plate number.
- After payment return to the state board of internal revenue/motor license authority office with your receipt and submit it to for confirmation.
- The produced special plate number will be issued to you along with the originals of your documents you submitted earlier, and you a proud owner of a customized plate number.
The things you should avoid during this registration
Ensure that all forms are obtained and submitted at the appropriate place, do not give false information or submit false document as applicant will be held responsible for information submitted during the course of registration.
As seen, personalized plate number are more costly than the regular plate number amounting to people questioning its advantage over the regular plate number.
Here are the few advantages of a personalized plate number
*customized plate number makes your car unique which help in easy identification of vehicle
*it may help in advertising your business or brand (yes this is a very cheap advertisement avenue for business owners as you can put up your business name on your vehicle plate number.
*celebrities can equally use the customized plate number to increase their popularity as well as anybody who wish to known in a particular area.
*the next advantage according to some sets of people is that police and other security agencies won’t stop you regularly as they do to other regular plate number owners, I can’t confirm this anyway.
*sometimes for just bragging sake, if you see it as an advantage.
Disadvantage of having a customized plate number
*not too many disadvantages but if you are that doesn’t want to be noticed then should avoid a customized plate number
*customized plate number brings unnecessary attention, imagine if you just wanted to hangout where nobody will disturb you and suddenly people get to see your vehicle and be attracted by your plate number, that can be frustrating sometime.
How long will a private plate number last?
This particular question is one the regularly asked questions. Well, personalized number can used for as long the vehicle last, so you don’t have to be worried if it expires over time or your right to the number will be deprived.
What should be written on a customized plate?
You may be asking of exactly what to write on a private plate number. Well, there is no restriction or limitation to what you can write on your vehicle plate number as long as you don’t tend to impersonate in the process. But as a tip you may choose your name, nick name or tittle with a particular number that best suite it.
This is your guide on how to get a private plate number here in Nigeria, so for whatever reason you are to use a personalized number remember you have to follow the right part to avoid purchasing an illegal plate number.
Click here to Join Recharge and Get Paid
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria