In this post, we give you all the information you need about the Federal Civil Service Commission recruitment 2021. Here you will see the official FCSC recruitment portal, application requirements, and a step-by-step guide on how to apply.
This post is for the teaming Nigerian audience who are interested in the recruitment exercise of the Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC). If you are a Nigerian citizen asking when the next recruitment of the FCSC will begin? You are at the right place. In this post I will provide you with hints and guides on the current status, requirements, application process, application guide and success tips for the Federal Civil Service recruitment for this year.
About the Federal Civil Service Commission
The Federal Civil Service Commission, FCSC is a government agency in Nigeria operating under the Ministry of the Interior and has the mandate of appointing, posting, promoting and exercising disciplinary functions over employees of the Federal government otherwise known as Civil Servants or Public Servants.
The Federal Civil Service Commission performs many duties on behalf of the government of the federation among which are:
- Representation of the Civil Service Commissioners at Senior staff meetings of Ministries
- Review and approval of recommendations on disciplinary cases of Senior Civil Servants
- Recruitment of Senior Officers into the Civil Service
- Ratification of promotion of offices to Senior Civil Servants
- Hearing appeals on matters of appointments, promotion and discipline
- Providing guidelines on appointments, promotion and discipline.
The FCSC is headquartered at No. 4, Abidjan Street, Wuse Zone 3, Abuja, Nigeria. The Commission had undergone so many reforms since Independence in 1960 namely: the Margan Commission of 1963, the Adebo Commission of 1971, the Udoji Commission of 1973 – 1974, the Dotun Philip Commission of 1985 (the most benevolent and acclaimed efficient) of all the reform panels of the Federal Civil Service.
Apply Also: NDE Recruitment
Career Overview in the Federal Civil Service Commission, FCSC
The Federal Civil Service is one of the sought after places to work in Nigeria given the relative comfort, service benefits, retirement packages etc. Like other Federal government agencies, the Federal Civil Service Commission operates in similar administrative structure with many departments under the Ministry of Interior. These departments have heads with different nomenclatures. The departments are as follows:
- Civil Service Commission Board
- Executive Support
- Corporate Human Picked and Programme
- Employee and Family Assistance Programme
- Organisation and Staff Development
- Labour Relations Department
- Supportive Employee Services
- Report and Expenses department
There are four categories or classes of employees in the Nigeria Federal Civil Service namely:
- Administrative Class
- Executive Class
- Clerical Class
- Minor Manipulative Class
Apply Also: Customs Recruitment
According to Wikipedia, all staff of the Federal Civil Service Commission except the Chairman and Commissioners are directly controlled by the head of the Civil Service who is currently Mrs Folashade Mejabi Yemi Esan.
The Federal Civil Service annually recruits qualified manpower into Federal Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs). Quota of the FCSC recruitment is shared among the following MDAs:
- Federal Ministry of Aviation
- Federal Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Federal Ministry of Education
- Federal Ministry of Labour and Productivity
- Federal Ministry of the Environment
- Federal Ministry of Finance
- Federal Ministry of Youths and Sports
- Federal Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs
- Federal Ministry of Justice
- Federal Ministry of information
- Federal Ministry of Transport
- Federal Ministry of Transport
- Federal Ministry Power, Works and Housing
- Federal Ministry of Science and Technology
- Office of the Accountant General of the Federation
- Office of the Auditor General
- Office of the Surveyor General of the Federation, and other organisations within its scope of operation.
Federal Civil Service Ranks and Grade Levels
- Head of Civil Service (HCS)
- Deputy Director
- Chief Officer GL 14 (at least 13 years post qualification cognate experience)
- Assistant Chief Officer GL 13 (12 years post qualification cognate experience)
- Principal Officer GL 12 (at least 9 years post qualification experience)
- Assistant Officer GL 11 ( at least 7 years post qualification cognate experience)
- Senior Officer GL 10 (at least 6 years post qualification cognate experience)
- Junior Officer or Officer Grade II GL 08 (Entry Level)
Apply Also: N-POWER Recruitment
Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment Requirements
Candidates applying for Federal Civil Service Commission job must possess or meet the following requirements:
- Relevant University degree in Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities such as International Studies, Sociology, Political Science, Economics, Law, Business Administration, History, Geography, Environmental Studies, Conflict Studies and International Business.
- Qualifications grade must be at least 1st Class or 2nd Class Upper Division
- Relevant Master’s Degree and PH.D in the courses mentioned above
- Relevant six (6) cognate post qualification requirements for Master’s Degree holders
- All the above plus confirmation as suitable officer for transfer within the Public Service and nine (9) years post qualification experience for Principal Officer
- 1 – 3 and twelve (12) years post qualification cognate experience
FCSC Recruitment Process
Suitably qualified candidates can apply through the Federal Civil Service Commission recruitment portal at https://.vacancy.fedcivilservice.gov.ng. Even though the portal is not currently opened as FCSC is not currently recruiting yet, applications only take place online and close 6 weeks after the publication of the vacancy.
N/B: persons eager to apply for the Federal Civil Service Commission are hereby notified that the commission is not currently recruiting as the application form portal remains closed. Meanwhile, we will give prompt update here as soon as the portal opens. So, stay updated. Also, be mindful of the fact that the FCSC forms are for free.
How to Apply for Federal Civil Service Recruitment
- Login to the application form portal with the details you registered with
- Fill all the required detail in the fields provided on the application form
- Upload your credentials and certificate qualifications
- Submit your application and take a print out
- Apply while portal opens.
Tips for Successful Application in the FCSC Jobs
- Apply early. At least be among the first 100 applicants
- Give authentic information on the application form
- Give attention to detail while filling the form to avoid mistakes
- adhere to instruction strictly
Apply Also: Nigeria Police Recruitment
In the above article, I have covered all the necessary information you need to be acquainted with for a successful application process in the Federal Civil Service Commission. Areas covered include information about the FCSC, career overview, salary structure, ranks, recruitment process, recruitment status, application guide, and success tips.
Click here to see the latest Study Abroad Scholarships and Guides
Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
Copyright Warning!We work really hard and put a lot of effort and resources into our content, providing our readers with plagiarism-free articles, original and high-quality texts. Contents on this website may not be copied, republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. Proper acknowledgement include, but not limited to (a) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes, (b)"FAIR USE" in the case of re-publication on online media. About possible consequences you can read here: What are the consequences of copyright infringement? In an effort to protect our intellectual properties, we may report your website to Google without prior notice and your website be removed from search engines and you may receive a strike. All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).