In this post, we give you all the information you need about Customs recruitment 2021. Here you will see the official Nigeria Customs recruitment portal, application requirements, and a step-by-step guide on how to apply.
Many Nigerians are wondering when the Nigeria Customs Service will conduct its next recruitment. If you are among those seeking to know about the Nigeria Customs recruitment, read on because this post is for you.
In this post, I will give you the information you need about Customs job recruitment for this year. I will cover what you need to know about the Nigeria Customs Service, career overview in the service, ranks of its officers, salary structure, recruitment process, application guide, current recruitment status and tips to succeed in the application process.
About Nigeria Customs Service
The Nigeria Customs Service, NCS is one of the Law Enforcement agencies in Nigeria operating under the Ministry of Finance. NCS was established in 1981 by the Customs and Management Act (CEMA) CAP 45 Law of the Federation of Nigeria.
The Nigeria Customs Service has the mandate of intercepting contraband such as illegal drugs and weapons, check Travelers and their baggage and protect businesses against illegal trade and malpractices. It has many functions some of which are collecting Customs revenue, Tariff, facilitate both national and international trade and carry out anti-smuggling activities.
NCS headquarters is at Abidjan Street, P.M.B. 26, Wuse, Zone 3, F.C.T. Abuja, Nigeria. Nigeria Custom Service is headed by the Comptroller General appointed by the president who is currently Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali who resumed office on 27 August, 2015.
The statutory functions of the Nigeria Customs Service as contained in the extant law of the Federal Republic of Nigeria are as follows:
- Collection of customs revenues such as import/excise duties, and other Taxies/Levies and accounting for same
- Conducting anti-smuggling activities
- Performing security functions as may be required
- Generating statistics for planning and budgeting purposes
- Monitoring foreign Exchange Utilization
- Engaging in research, Planning and Enforcement of Fiscal Policies of the federal government
- Licensing and Registration of Custom Agents
- Registration and Designation of Collecting Banks
Read more: Functions of Nigeria Customs Service
Career Overview in Nigeria Customs Service
In addition to the corporate headquarters which is the central command of authority in the Nigerian Customs Service, the agency is structured into other departments namely:
- Corporate Support Services
- Tariff and Trade
- Enforcement, Investigation and Inspection
- Modernization, Research and Economic Relations
- Excise, Industrial Incentives and Free Trade Zone
- Human Resource Development Department
The Minister of Finance serves as the Chairman of the Nigeria Customs Service and is assisted by the Comptroller General who is also a political appointee.
Nigeria Customs Service Ranks
The ranks of Nigeria Custom Officers are as follows:
- Comptroller General of Customs (CG)
- Deputy Comptroller General (DCG)
- Assistant Comptroller General (ACG)
- Deputy Comptroller
- Assistant Comptroller
- Chief Superintendent of Custom Officer
- Deputy Superintendent Custom Officer
- Assistant Superintendent Custom Officer
- Inspector of Custom
- Assistant inspector of Custom
- Customs Assistant
Apply also: N-POWER Recruitment
Nigeria Custom Officers Salary Structure
The salary scale for Nigeria Custom Officers is similar to what is obtainable in other law enforcement agencies in the country based on Consolidated Paramilitary Salary Structure (CONPASS). The breakdown of the earning per year of Nigeria Custom Officers excluding other benefits and incentives like health allowance, transport allowance, wardrobe allowance, accommodation allowance etc are as shown below:
Deputy Comptroller General
- Assistant Comptroller General N2.272, 288
- Assistant Comptroller General N2.464, 500
- Comptroller N1.759, 291
- Deputy Comptroller N1.619, 447
- Assistant Comptroller N1,225, 584
- Chief Superintendent N1.158, 217
- Deputy Superintendent N1.094, 027
- Assistant Superintendent I N1.012, 562
- Assistant Superintendent II N888,956
- Inspector of Custom N483, 014
- Assistant Inspector N357358
- Customs Assistant N298, 506
Data source: (mysalaryscale.com)
See Also: Nigeria Police Recruitment
Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment Process
Interested and suitably qualified candidates are to log on to the Nigeria Customs Recruitment portal which is found on the service’s website at customs.gov.ng. Enter your valid email address and phone number as required.
Superintendent Cadre: The Superintendent Cadre are senior ranking officers comprising of Assistant Superintendent of Customs
Inspectorate Cadre: Assistant Inspectors are Mid-Level officers comprising of Assistant Inspectors of Customs.
Assistant Cadre: The Assistant Cadre are junior ranking officers comprising of Customs Assistant.
See their Specific Requirments below;
Customs Recruitment Requirements
Applicants for the customs recruitment must:
- Be Nigerian citizen by birth
- Have SSCE/NECO with four (4) credit passes including English and Mathematics
- Possess Bachelor’s Degree B.Sc. or Higher National Diploma and other relevant Academic qualifications
- Have NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate
- Be approved for physical and mental fitness for appointment in the service by a government recognize Medical Personnel
- Possess a certificate of origin signed by his/her Local Government Area Chairman or Secretary.
- Be of height not less than 1.7m for male and 1.64m for female applicants
- Be of 0.87 of chest measurement for men
Apply also: NSCDC Recruitment
How to Apply for the Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2021
Please note that the Nigerian Customs recruitment form for 2021 has not been released. Once the form is out, we will bring you the inforomation. Here is the application procedure below;
Application Guide for Nigeria Customs Service
- Login to the application portal with your registration detail
- Enter the position you are interest in
- Complete all required fields on the application form
- Upload your passport photograph according to specification. In this latest recruitment it was of size maximum of 200kb, 600 by 600 pixels (JPG, JPEG,PNG) format
- Provide every other details and upload your credentials and certificate qualifications
- Submit, save and print out your slip
N/B: the Nigeria Customs Service is not currently recruiting, but as soon as the portal opens for applications, we will update this page ASAP.
Tips to Succeed for the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment
In order to smoothly scale through the Nigeria Customs Service successfully, the following tips should be handy:
- Apply early. Be at least among the first 50 – 100 applicants
- Give every required details
- Avoid multiple applications
- Provide genuine information
- Stay updated for the shortlisting
- Arrive screening venues at most 30 minutes before the stipulated time
- Submit your application while portal opens which is usually 2 weeks or more.
Apply also: Immigration Recruitment
Although the Nigeria Customs Service is not currently recruiting, I have taken time to provide all the necessary information you need, not only to be aware when the next recruitment exercise for the Nigeria Customs Service comes up, but also tips to succeed in the application process. The above article contains every detail for the NCS recruitment including the information about the agency, career overview, and ranks for the officers, salary structure, recruitment process, requirements, application guide, and success tips.
⚽ Start winning football betting today!
👉 Get correct FREE GG and Over 2.5 football prediction tips. Click here to join
👍Showcase your business here!
With over 1M unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience for you to showcase your products and services. Simply get in touch via 👉 marketing@Infoguidenigeria.com.
🤑 Make Money now!
👉 Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria.
👉 Make Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, read more here
✍️ Be Our Guest Publisher!
Do you have a press release, breaking news, or any other helpful information to share with our growing readers? If yes, send your article to 👉 firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be glad to publish it if the information is useful to our audience.
This post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Facebook, Whatsapp, Telegram and Twitter. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
Copyright Warning!Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all contents with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [email@example.com] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.