To protect one’s privacy, one may wish to suppress their caller ID for a variety of reasons. When phoning telemarketers who may add your number to their automated dialing system, protecting your privacy, and utilizing a work phone are three of the most frequent reasons. These are just a few of the many reasons why it’s so important to know how to mask your number between networks and on your phone itself, regardless of whatever network you’re currently using.
No one can dispute that MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile are some of the most widely used telecommunications companies in Nigeria. Using these networks, it is simple to prevent your caller ID from showing.Information Guide Nigeria
👉 Relocate to Canada Today!Live, Study and Work in Canada. No Payment is Required! Hurry Now click here to Apply >> Immigrate to Canada
Read Also: MTN double data code; how to double mtn data
How to hide numbers on different networks
How do I hide my number when calling? Here is a look at the steps to take when disabling your caller ID.
How to hide number on Glo
The name “Glo” refers to the brand name for the services provided by Globacom Limited, a Nigerian telecom company. Famous entrepreneur Mike Adenuga launched it in August 2003, and since then it has grown to become a powerhouse in Nigeria’s telecoms industry.
To prevent your caller ID from being shown, just dial #31# before the number you want to contact when using a Glo phone. To make an anonymous call to an individual with the phone number 0902898989, for instance, you would enter the code #31#0902898989 before the actual phone number.How to hide number on Glo, Airtel, MTN & 9mobile: step-by-step guide
Be aware that this is a per-call procedure, so you’ll need to use the #31# prefix each time you want to mask your caller ID.
Code to hide number on Airtel
Airtel Nigeria, with more than 40 million customers, is the third largest telecom company in Nigeria. Any Airtel customer who dials their contact number followed by #31# will have their caller ID concealed.
Like the Glo approach discussed above, the prefix works as a per-call method and needs to be repeated for every call in which the caller desires to disable their ID.
How to hide my number on 9mobile
9mobile was founded in March 2008 as Etisalat Nigeria but later changed its name. The Nigerian Federal Government issues the company’s Unified Access Service License, but it is privately owned.
The procedure for turning off caller ID on 9mobile is very similar to the procedures on Airtel and Glo. To make an international call, first, dial #31#, then the international access code, and the phone number. Simply dial the number and your caller ID will be concealed from the recipient.
Since this process only works once per call, you must remember to repeat it whenever you need to conceal your identity.100 best thinking about you messages for her to melt her heart
How to hide phone number on MTN
Nigeria is only one of many Asian and African nations where the MTN Group, headquartered in South Africa, provides telecommunications services. Johannesburg is home to the company’s main office.
MTN Nigeria customers who dial an anonymous number can do so by prefixing the call with #31#. As a result, contacting 0900555555 while concealing one’s identity requires the entry of #31#0900555555. If you do this, the person you’re calling won’t be able to see who you are when you dial their number.20 Best Wrenches in Nigeria and the prices
Similar to other networks, this method only works once per call, so if you want to hide your caller ID when calling the same person again or someone else, you’ll need to insert the prefix again.
How to disable your caller ID regardless of your network
Modern-day feature phones and smartphones come with inbuilt features to disable one’s identity. Here is a look at the steps involved in this.
How to hide numbers on iOS
If you are using an iOS device, you can disable your ID from the device settings. Unlike the #31# method described above, using this method ensures your
- Navigate to settings ID remains hidden until you decide to show it again.
Here is how to hide your caller ID on iOS
- Select Phone
- Tap Show My Caller ID
- Use the toggle to switch between showing and hiding your caller ID.NYSC Portal
Keep in mind that some telecom service providers can disallow this feature, which would still show your number even when it’s set to hide your ID.
How to hide numbers on Android
To hide your number on an Android device, follow the following steps.
- Open the Phone app and select Settings (often the three dots on the top right corner).
- Select Call Settings or Call (depending on the Android version).
- Select Additional settings
- Press on the Caller ID
- Choose hide number from the three options. The other two are show number and network default.
- To reverse the disabled ID, follow the same process and select show number or network default.
Ask your carrier to disable your caller ID
You can always ask your mobile provider to disable your caller ID for you if you’d rather not use prefixes or dig through your device’s settings. If you want to make a request, you must call the carrier’s official support number.105 Good Morning My Love Messages
If you are having trouble receiving calls because your caller ID is deactivated, you may always contact customer service for assistance. ID concealing is typically only supported by carriers for local calls, so keep that in mind. It’s possible that callers making international calls will be subject to harsher laws requiring them to identify themselves.
Reasons to hide your caller ID
Here are some of the most common reasons for hiding one’s ID.
- Protecting personal information: People with ill motives can do quite a lot with your phone number in this day and age. You could easily become a victim of caller spoofing schemes, information breaches, and other unwanted scenarios. To avoid this, you may want to hide your ID when calling people that might contribute to a breach of your privacy.
- Making an anonymous call: Calling anonymously might come in handy when reporting something you have witnessed, such as an ongoing crime. In this case, you can pass the information to the relevant authorities without showing your ID.
- Using your work number: When using your work phone, you may not want the ID out there when using a work-issued cell phone. Having your work phone ID showing might result in unwanted calls during your work hours.200 Romantic Love Message for her
- Calling telemarketers: If you have been receiving incessant calls from telemarketers, you might one day decide to call them back using a different number and ask them to remove your primary contact from their call list. However, doing this with the new number exposed might result in both numbers remaining on the telemarketing list.
- Calling from a friend’s or minor’s phone: When using another person’s phone, neither party wants unwanted calls from the dialed numbers. This also applies when making calls using a minor’s phone. Hiding the ID ensures that the call recipient does not get access to the child’s contact.
👉 Relocate to Canada Today!
Live, Study and Work in Canada. No Payment is Required! Hurry Now click here to Apply >> Immigrate to Canada
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, and family positively and permanently.
👍Advertise your business on InfoGuideNigeria.com!
From just N9,999 per month, you can advertise your products and services to over 1,500,000 monthly users on our website. Click here to read more.
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us for immediate removal.
🤑 Start Making Money from home today!