NNPC Recruitment 2021 Guide – See all the information you need about Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation recruitment 2021. Here you will see the official NNPC recruitment portal, application requirements, and a step-by-step guide on how to apply.
Are you among Nigerians dreaming of pursuing a career in the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation? If yes, fine, this post is for you. In this post we are going to take you smoothly through the process and present everything you need to know about the recruitment requirements and application Guide plus tips to succeed in the application.
The NNPC is the state oil corporation established on 1 April 1977. The corporation is regulated by the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), which operates within the Ministry of Petroleum Resources. The nation’s oil Corporation is headed by a Group Managing Director who is currently Mallam Mele Kyari.
NNPC is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Oil exploration activities
- Transportation and distribution of petrochemical products among other things which include:
- Gas development and distribution
- Engineering and commercial investments
See Also: NDLEA Recruitment
The NNPC also has subsidiary companies which are themselves large organisations and include:
- Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NNDC)
- The Nigerian Gas Company (NGC)
- The Products and Pipelines Marketing Company (PPMC)
- Integrated data services Limited (IDSL)
- National Engineering and Marketing Company Limited (NEMCL)
- Hydrocarbon Services Nigeria Limited (HYSON)
- Warri Refinery and Petrochemical Company Limited (WRPC)
- Kaduna Refinery and Petrochemical Company Limited (KRPC)
- Port Harcourt Refinery and Petrochemical Company Limited (PHRPC)
- NNPC Retail Outlets
- Duke Oil
See Also: Nigerian Army Recruitment
Career Overview at NNPC
Apart from the corporate headquarters of the NNPC, there are other 5 Autonomous Business Units (ABUs) and 2 Directorates headed by the Chief Operating Officers, while the Finance and Accounts Directorate is headed by the Chief Accounts Officer. Below are the Autonomous Business Units, the two Directorates of the NNPC and their heads – Chief Operating Officers:
- Upstream Unit Chief Operating Officer – Adokiye Tombomieye
- Gas and Power – Yusuf Usman
- Refining – Mustapha Y. Yakubu
- Ventures – Adeyemi Adetunji
- Downstream – Lawrencia N. Ndupu
- Finance and Accounts – Umar I. Njiya
- Corporate Service – Abdulkabir M. Ahmed
See Also: Dangote Recruitment
The staff are recruited from Intern/Entry level and Experience/Senior level with periodical promotions that walk them through the ladder according qualifications. However, there are those who are directly recruited into experience/senior level. Once NNPC recruitment portal opens recruitment, applicants from ranks at its corporate office to those at its subsidiary companies including the service stations around the country are given equal opportunity to apply.
There are fulfilling benefits apart from the good salary the NNPC staff are paid as obtainable in the Oil and Gas industry generally. NNPC Staff enjoy comparable incentives with Oil workers in the multinational Oil Corporations such as Shell, Chevron, Mobil, Total etc.
NNPC Salary Structure
NNPC staff are the highest earning set of employees in Nigeria given the boom in the oil industry. In this section of the post, I am going to present salary scale of NNPC staff from the most senior position to the lowest as well.
Below is the salary structure for NNPC staff:
- Experienced/Senior Managers N500, 000 – 5,000,000
- Entry/Mid-level N360, 000 – N450,000
- Intern N18,000 – N30, 000
Data Source: currentschoolnews.com
See Also: NIMC Recruitment
Recruitment Process of NNPC
- The NNPC recruitment process begins with registration on the NNPC portal at careers.nnpcgroup.com with a functional email address.
- Fill the application form correctly as required
- Prepare for the Computer Based Aptitude Test (CBAT)
- Prepare yourself to shine at the interview the corporation holds to assess candidates according to their qualifications for the offer of employment.
The NNPC employment according to its chairman always reflect the Federal Character principle of the country’s Constitution.
NNPC Recruitment Requirement
Although the NNPC recruitment is opened to applicants of Nigerian birth across the country, there are certain requirements to meet before they are qualified to apply. These include citizenship proves, academic qualification and character.
Below is a comprehensive list of requirements to apply.
To participate in the NNPC recruitment exercise, applicants must:
- Have Senior School Certificate, SSCE/NECO/GCE with 5 credits including English and Mathematics
- Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.) or Higher National Diploma (HND), first Class/second Class Upper Division for B.Sc. or Upper Credit for HND
- BACHELOR’S Degree in Second Class Lower Division with completed Master’s Degree or HND (minimum Upper Credit) with completed Master’s Degree
- Must have graduated from an accredited or recognized University, Polytechnic or Monotechnic not earlier than 2014
- Not be more than the age of 28 years old of age
- Have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps, NYSC Scheme
- Be a citizen of Nigeria by birth or descent
- Not be physically challenged in sight, hearing, or fracture of any kind including stammering or any other natural disability or impairment
- Have a valid means of identification such as International Passport, National I.D. Card, Voter’s Card or Driver’s License.
See Also: FRSC Recruitment
How to Apply for NNPC Recruitment
The NNPC application guide are as follows:
- Logon to the NNPC recruitment portal at careers.nnpcgroup.com and fill the form carefully
- Keep your login details save and memorable because it is the same detail you will use to login to the exam portal
- Read the recruitment detail carefully and check if you meet the eligibility guidelines before you proceed to register
- If you are eligible to apply, click the ‘Start Now’ link and read the complete instruction like a job description, job roles and key functional competencies
- Click on the ‘apply’ button to start your application
- Create an account as required or login if you already have an account
- Login to access the application form
- Fill it correctly and completely the application form
- Submit your form and take a printout.
NNPC Recruitment Closing Date
The NNPC application portal is currently close. This implies that the corporation is not currently recruiting even as NNPC through its website has announced that the corporation is not currently recruiting despite the rumour going round town which is perpetrated by some fraudulent persons. The interview for the corporation’s recruitment last held in July, 2019.
See Also: Nigeria Police Recruitment
Success Tips for NNPC Recruitment
- Follow instruction
- Arrive venue at least 30 minutes before time for the exam
- Ensure that you keep all personal items such as cell phone off the exam Hall
- Go screening venue alone, not with escort or partner
- Do not cheat in the exam to lesson your chances of getting into trouble.
Everything you need to know about the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation has been covered in this article from the basic information about the corporation and a list of its subsidiary companies, career overview, salary structure, recruitment process, application guide and success tips. Moreso, even though NNPC application portal is currently closed, we will update our teaming readers as soon as the application forms are out.
Click here to see the latest Study Abroad Scholarships and Guides
Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
Copyright Warning!We work really hard and put a lot of effort and resources into our content, providing our readers with plagiarism-free articles, original and high-quality texts. Contents on this website may not be copied, republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. Proper acknowledgement include, but not limited to (a) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes, (b)"FAIR USE" in the case of re-publication on online media. About possible consequences you can read here: What are the consequences of copyright infringement? In an effort to protect our intellectual properties, we may report your website to Google without prior notice and your website be removed from search engines and you may receive a strike. All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).