Education

NECO Marking/Grading System; How Does NECO Mark Their Exams

How Does NECO Mark Their Exams – Ever wondered how NECO marks and grades their exams? If you have, then you are intelligent. Knowing how exam scripts are marked will help you in determining which sections to pay more attention to and the sections that aren’t worth the stress (probably because they have low marks).Information Guide Nigeria

Hence, in this guide, we’ll be looking at looking how NECO marks their exams as well as their grading system.

Without further ado, let’s dive right in.

Read Also: How to Retrieve NECO Examination Number

What is NECO?

NECO, which stands for National Examination Council is an examination body that conducts the Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) Internal and External, Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE), and National Common Entrance Examination (NCEE) in Nigeria.How to Check BVN on GTB

The NECO body was created in April 1999 by the military administration of Abdulsalami Abubakar to replace or take over the responsibilities of the National Board for Education Measurement (NBEM) which was created in 1992 by the then Ibrahim Babangida administration.

NECO is owned by the Federal Government of Nigeria under the Ministry of Education.

Read Also: How Do I Check My NECO Result Without Examination Number

The NECO grading system

To find out how the NECO grading system works, go through the table below.

Grade Scale Grade Description US Grade
A1 1.00 – 1.99 Excellent A+
B2 2.00 – 2.99 Very Good A
B3 3.00 – 3.99 Good B
B4 4.00 – 4.99 Credit B
C5 5.00 – 5.99 Credit C
C6 6.00 – 6.99 Credit C
D7 7.00 – 7.99 Pass D
E8 8.00 – 8.99 Pass D
F9 9.00 – 9.99 Fail F

Too difficult to understand? To make you better understand the grading system, I’ll be converting them to number-based GPA.NECO Marking/Grading System

So, in terms of number-based GPA, the grading system should look like this:

0 – 39% = F9

40 – 45% = E8

50 – 54% = C6How to Check BVN on UBA

55 – 59% = C5

60 – 64% = C4

65 – 69% = B3WAEC Result

70 – 74% = B2

75 – 100% = A1

Read Also: How to Check NECO Result Without Token

The NECO marking system

NECO has released a new marking system for its examination markers. Unlike the West African Examination Council (WAEC), NECO has been found to be more strict or rigid when it comes to marking, scoring, and grading its candidates. It’s no wonder people often say that the NECO examination is harder than WAEC.

The system NECO uses to make its examination scripts is known as COEM and it stands for:

C = Content

O = OrganizationNpower Recruitment

E = Expression

M = Mechanical Accuracy

In NECO, all subjects are not marked the same way because each subject has its own marking scheme, and it’s the marking scheme the examiners will use as a guide to grade your NECO results.

We may not be able to go over all the subjects in the article but we’ll be looking at the 5 core science courses (Mathematics, English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) are marked.

Read Also: Is NIN Compulsory for WAEC

Mathematics

The NECO mathematics examination is made up of 13 theory questions and 50 objectives. The theory section is divided into Part I and Part II.JAMB Result

You’ll be required to answer 10 questions in total from the theory section—that’s all the questions in Part I and 5 questions in Part II.JAMB Form

The theory section carries the bulk of the marks (60%) while the objective section carries the remaining (40%). Therefore, if you must have an A, then you must answer at least 8 questions in the theory and answer 40 correct questions.

Physics, Chemistry, and Biology

Physics, Chemistry, and Biology structure are similar. Each has a practical, objective, and theory section.

The practical section takes up 35% of the total marks, the 50 objectives questions take 25%, and finally, the theory takes the remaining 40%.

Read Also: How to Change NECO Date of Birth Online and the Price

English Language

Unlike the other subjects mentioned so far, the English Language has a total of 160 objective questions (Oral English inclusive) and the theory (comprehension, writing, essay) section.

The theory section takes the bulk of the marks (60%) while the objective section carries the remaining 40%.

Check and Confirm: How much is Dollar to Naira Today     Pounds to Naira Today

Information is Power!

Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, and family positively and permanently.

👇👇👇👇👇

Click Here to Join our Google Group 

For Latest updates on News, Jobs & Business Ideas, and Opportunities.




Copyright Warning!

Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
.

The images, except where otherwise indicated, are taken directly from the web, if some images were inserted by mistake violating the copyright, please contact the administrator for immediate removal.

.
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [infoguidenigeria@gmail.com] for immediate removal.




🤑 Start Making Money from home today!

👉 Get the correct FREE FOOTBALL PREDICTION TIPS and Guides today. Click here

.

.

👍Advertise your business here!

With over 1M unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience for you to showcase your products and services. Simply get in touch via 👉 marketing@Infoguidenigeria.com.

 

🤑 Make Money now!

👉 Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria.

👉 Make Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, read more here

.


Victor Alphonsus

Victor is a Content Developer at InfoGuideNIgeria.com. InfoGuide Nigeria is a team of Resource Persons and Consultants led by Ifiokobong Ibanga. Page maintained by Ifiokobong Ibanga. If you need a personal assistance on this topic, kindly contact us.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button

It looks like you're using an ad blocker!

This website InfoGuideNigeria.com is maintained by the advertising revenue and we noticed you have ad-blocking enabled. Please disable Ad-Blocker