Federal Road Safety Commission Recruitment 2021 Guide – See all the information you need about the FRSC recruitment 2021. Here you will see the official FRSC recruitment portal, application requirements, and a step-by-step guide on how to apply.
The Federal Road Safety Corps is a Para-mililtary organization and the Lead Agency In Road traffic administration and Safety Management In Nigeria. The Corps is desirous of recruiting young, vibrant, intelligent and technologically driven individuals In its march towards becoming a world-class organization
About Federal Road Safety Commission
The Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) was created in February 1988 by the Decree No. 45 during the Military regime of General Ibrahim Babangida (IBB) as amended by Decree No. 35 of 1992. The above decree is now referred to as FRSC Act CAP 141 laws of the federal Republic of Nigeria. All of these were coordinated into the Federal Road safety Commission Establishment Act of 2007. The Federal Road Safety Corps vision is to eradicate road traffic crashes and create a safe monitoring environment and coordinate all road traffic management activities. The commission achieves this mandate through sustainable enlightenment, promotion of stakeholder’s cooperation, robust Data management, improve vehicle administration, and prompt rescue services and effective patrol operation.
The FRSC is charged with the following statutory responsibilities:
- Preventing or minimizing accidents on the highway;
- Clearing obstruction on any part of the highway;
- Educating drivers, motorists, and other members of the public generally on the proper use of the highway;
- Designing and producing the driver’s license to be used by various categories of vehicle operators;
- Determining from time to time, the requirements to be satisfied by applicants for a driver’s license;
- Designing and producing vehicle number plates;
- To give standardization of highway traffic code;
- Giving prompt attention and care to victims of accidents
- Conducting searches into the causes of motor accidents and methods of preventing them and putting into use the results of such searches;
- Determining and enforcing speed limits for all categories of roads and vehicles and controlling the use of speed limiting devices;
- Cooperating with bodies or agencies or groups in road safety activities or prevention of accidents on the highway;
- Regulations in pursuance to any of the functions assigned to the corps by or under its Act;
- Regulating the use of motorcycles on the highway;
- Maintaining the validation period for driver’s licenses which shall be three years subject to renewal at the expiration of the validity period.
See Also: Federal Teachers Recruitment
FRSC Career Overview
Officers are recruited into the commission regularly to enforce road traffic laws and other responsibilities through the powers given them to prosecute suspects who violate traffic rules or commit other traffic offenses. Officers of the Federal Road Safety Corps are posted to the states and other sector commands in the country.
Working with Road Safety is both challenging and interesting as they are highly revered by commuters and motorists. However, some unscrupulous drivers could be stubborn; pushing the corps to the wall. But upon that the FRSC officers are not permitted by law to carry arms like other law enforcement agencies. Nevertheless, the matter is still debated by the legislature.
The corps are segmented into Regular Marshals and special Marshals. Activities of the corps are carried out under 8 departments, 12 corps offices and 8 units. The departments are Operations department, Administrative and Human Resources Department, Special Duties and External Relations, Training Department, Finance and Accounts Department, Motor Vehicle and Administration Department, Policy Research and Statistics and Technical Service Department.
Offices of the Corps include: Corps Legal Adviser, Corps Budget Office, Corps Medical and Rescue Office, Corps Procurement Office, Corps Safety Engineering Office, Corps Public Education Office, Corps Transport Standardisation Office, Corps Auditor, Corps Intelligence Office, Corps Secretary, Corps Provost and Corps Information Technology Office.
The Road Safety also operates under special units namely: principal Staff Officer to Corps Marshal, Projects Implementation Unit, Planning Advisory Unit, SERVICOM, National Road Safety Advisory Council, Protocol and Technical Assistant to Corps Marshal.
FRSC Officers Ranks and Positions
Officer’s ranks in the Federal Road Safety Commission from the most senior officer to the most junior are as follows:
- Corps Marshal
- Deputy Corps Marshal
- Assistant Corps Marshal
- Corps Commander
- Deputy Corps Commander
- Assistant Corps Commander
- Chief Route Commander
- Superintendent Route Commander
- Route Commander
- Deputy Route Commander
- Assistant Route Commander (Entry Point)
- Chief Road Marshal Assistant
- Deputy Chief Road Marshal Assistant
- Senior Road Marshal Assistant
- Road Marshal Assistant
- Road Marshal Inspector
- Marshal Inspector I
The Non-commissioned Officers are:
- Marshal Inspector II
- Marshal Inspector III
- Chief Inspector
- Deputy Chief Inspector
- Assistant Chief Inspector
Senior Non-Commissioned Officers ARE:
- Principal Marshal Inspector
- Senior Marshal Inspector
See Also: NDE Recruitment
FRSC Officers Salary Structure
Average salary structure for Federal Road Safety Corps of entry level officers with qualifications are as follows:
- Sc. holders (Assistant Route Commander) at Grade level (08) earns N888, 956 – N988, 991 per year
- HND holders (Marshal Inspector) at Grade Level (07) N483, 014 – N567, 065 per year
- OND holders (Marshal Inspector III) at Grade Level (05) N329, 853 – N374, 259
- SSCE holders (Route Marshal Assistant III) at Grade Level (03) N298, 506 – N330, 231
Data source: (nigerianguide.com.ng)
FRSC Recruitment Process
The federal Road Safety Corps recruitment is online. The process begins with a visit by the candidate to the FRSC portal at www.frsc.gov.ng and then click on the career/recruitment button and get registered with a valid email and phone number.
FRSC Recruitment Requirements
Candidates applying for FRSC jobs must meet certain requirements. Applicants must:
- Be Nigerian Citizen by birth
- Have National Identification Number (NIN)
- Be of age 18 -30 years except for Medical Doctors and Pharmacists who must be at least 35 years of age
- Be single
- Be free of financial embarrassment
- Be free from any criminal case
- Be of height 1.68 meters for male and 1.63 meters for female applicants
- Have an expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87
- Be physically and mentally fit for para-military employment
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Be computer literate.
See Also: Customs Recruitment
Applicants Must Note that:
- Computer literacy and possession of valid drivers licence shall be an added advantage
- Any certificate or qualification not declared or tendered at the time of recruitment process cannot be subsequently presented for career progression in the corp
- Anyone found to have submitted false document would be disqualified and prosecuted
- Double entries would be disqualified
- Shortlisted applicant would be required to take a computer-based examination to be conducted by JAMB
- Shortlisted applicant would be required to undergo drug test with the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA)
- Shortlisted candidates are expected to come along with a print out of their forms as well as the acknowledge
- This Exercise attract no Fee.
How to Apply for FRSC Jobs
- Login to the application portal with your registration detail
- Click on the “apply” button
- Fill the form as required
- Upload your credentials/qualifications
- Submit your application and print a copy
Tips for Success in Getting the FRSC Job
- Submit your application immediately the portal opens
- Provide authentic information
- Be passionate about the job
- Stay updated for the shortlisting
- Prepare for the aptitude test if shortlisted
See Also: N-POWER Recruitment
In the article you just read, we have been able to take you through a comprehensive guide to the recruitment process, application, Requirements and success tips to getting a job with the Federal Road Safety Commission FRSC. Everything you need to know have well covered in the post including commission’s history, ranks, salary structure, recruitment requirements and current recruitment status.
Click here to see the latest Study Abroad Scholarships and Guides
Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
Copyright Warning!We work really hard and put a lot of effort and resources into our content, providing our readers with plagiarism-free articles, original and high-quality texts. Contents on this website may not be copied, republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. Proper acknowledgement include, but not limited to (a) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes, (b)"FAIR USE" in the case of re-publication on online media. About possible consequences you can read here: What are the consequences of copyright infringement? In an effort to protect our intellectual properties, we may report your website to Google without prior notice and your website be removed from search engines and you may receive a strike. All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).