United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is among Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York.
Founded as a single country organization in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with well over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
The banking sector is one of the highest paying industries in the world and UBA is one of the well-paying banks in Nigeria.
As with other banks, their salary structure is operated and maintained with strong reference to the different categories of the employees, as well as their grade level within the banking system.
Categories of bank employees include but are not limited to Permanent/Core Staff and Temporary/Contract Staff.
UBA Salary for Permanent Staff
Permanent staff are those employed in the bank on a non-contract /permanent basis. Permanent staff are not peripheral staff; they are core staff whose functions are integral to the bank’s continued success in light of her stipulated objectives.
Permanent staff include (but are not limited to) the entry-level staff – which are the first grade staff within this category; then there are also the credit analysts, loan officers, deputy managers, branch managers etc.
The salary of permanent staff far exceeds that of temporary staff in almost all cases. For entry-level staff members at UBA, their monthly take-home is usually around 142,000 Naira which is the lowest amount that any permanent staff is paid because the pay increases as one climbs up the ladder.
Branch managers in UBA are millionaires as their monthly salary is close to a million Naira and they also enjoy several other juicy benefits and incentives.
UBA Salary for Temporary Staff
Temporary Staff include individuals who are IT students and all kinds of interns. They are seen as peripheral workers, even if they may turn out to be much more than that.
They earn an average of around 15,000 Naira monthly. An exclusive class of temporary staff are the Graduate Trainees’ class.
Here is a list of salaries paid to staff members of UBA Nigeria:
Job Title – Average Monthly Salary
- Account Officer 163,000 Naira
- Accountant 48,000 Naira
- Administration And Logistics Officer 38,000 Naira
- Administration Officer 38,000 Naira
- Assistant Banking Officer 328,000 Naira
- Banker 78,000 Naira
- Branch Cluster Manager 728,000 Naira
- Customer Care Personnel 76,000 Naira
- Customer Care Officer 71,000 Naira
- Customer Care Representative 67,000 Naira
- Customer Service Officer 79,000 Naira
- Driver 54,000 Naira
- Executive Trainee 135,000 Naira
- Facility Manager 114,000 Naira
- Field Engineer 57,000 Naira
- Fraud analyst 285,000 Naira
- Funds Transfer Officer 135,000 Naira
- Graduate Trainee 86,000 Naira
- Internal Control Officer 163,000 Naira
- Office Administrator 36,000 Naira
- Relationship Manager 245,000 Naira
- Relationship Officer 408,000 Naira
- Sales and Marketing Manager 135,000 Naira
- Social Media Team Member 78,000 Naira
- Social Media Analyst 95,000 Naira
- Software Tester 143,000 Naira
- Team Support Officer 181,000 Naira
- Teller 67,000 Naira
- Graduate Intern 48,000 Naira
- Technical Helpdesk 156,000 Naira
- Front Desk Teller 48,000 Naira
- Resident Internal Controller 135,000 Naira
- Business Development And Marketing Officer 328,000 Naira
- Head Teller 135,000 Naira
- Systems Analyst 155,000 Naira
- Information Technology Risk Management Officer 155,000 Naira
- Front Teller 60,000 Naira
- Executive Driver 57,000 Naira
- Team Member Tax 161,000 Naira
- Business Associate 95,000 Naira
- Team Member, Human Resources 70,000 Naira
- Digital Banker 29,000 Naira
- Technical Support Officer 66,000 Naira
- Head-Marketing And Corporate Communications 333,000 Naira
- Head Marketing 119,000 Naira
- Digital Champ 29,000 Naira
a. The current minimum wage in Nigeria, applicable from 2011, is 18,000 Naira per month, exclusive of all deductions.
b. The Federal Government of Nigeria has made known its intention to increase the minimum wage.
c. The information on this page is subject to change; figures stated here are only estimates and not 100% accurate.
d. The salary paid to interns and trainees are less than the amount paid to entry level workers.
e. Entry-Level Employees earn lower than other staff, however the amount of money earned is expected to increase with promotions and experience.
Recruitment At Uba Nigeria
Log in to the UBA Group job portal:
Mail in your CV if you are qualified.
UBA Group strongly believe that their workers are critical to the company’s success in building a sustainable and dominant business in the countries in which they operate across Africa and beyond.
UBA goes to great lengths to source, attract, recruit, develop and retain the best talents where-ever they may be in the world.
Minimum of BSc Degree (First degree) or H.N.D from a reputable institution.
Minimum of Second Class Lower Division from any discipline.
Must not be more than 30 years old – 27 years, Less than 30 years old.
Applicants must have Excellent Communication skills.
a. Use the job title as the subject of the mail.
b. Applicants are to submit only ONE application as multiple applications may result in disqualification.
c. Applicants will be responsible for applications submitted on any other Email address.
Here are some job titles advertised on the UBA recruitment portal (2018):
- Graduate Customer Service Officer
- Entry-Level Teller
- Graduate Trainee-CSO
- Recovery Officers
- Regional Control Officer
- Entry Level Employees Recruitment
- Customer Service Officer
- Graduate Trainee
- Relationship Manager
- IT Risk Officer
- Head, Internal Communications
- ATM Field Engineers
- Legal Officers
- UBA Graduate Intern
- Digital Champ (Intern)
- Graduate HR Trainees
- UBA Campus Ambassador Programme
- Corporate Relationship Manager
- Entry-Level Customer Service Officers
Compensation And Rewards
UBA strives to be among the top-tier industry competitor in terms of compensation, in each country it operates in. The Group understands the powerful impact of rewards can have in motivating role-model employees and teams, and thus strives to provide monetary and non-monetary rewards accordingly.Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
Click here to Join Recharge and Get Paid
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria