UNIPORT Geosciences Programme Admission Form 2021/2022 is Out. The school management of the University of Port Harcourt hereby calls on the attention of all interested candidates and the general public to take part in the UNIPORT admission into graduate programmes in Geosciences for the 2021/2022 academic year. Suitable and qualified candidates are advised to register and apply for admission. See below for admission requirements for MSc, PGD, Ph.D.programme, application fee, method of application, and other important information. Waec Result
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following graduate programmes in Petroleum Geosciences:
- Post-Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Petroleum Geosciences.
- Master of Science (MSc) in Petroleum Geosciences.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Petroleum Geosciences.
The energy industry is a thriving sector in which graduates with requisite qualifications are key players and drivers of a healthy economy. The Centre for Petroleum Geosciences (CPG) was established in 2011 as a Centre of Excellence to “cater for the geosciences skill needs of the petroleum industry. To achieve this, the MSc in Petroleum Geosciences programme was started to drive strong support for the Oil and Gas Industry by training manpower with requisite knowledge and practical competencies in Petroleum exploration. Npower Recruitment
The academic programme for the Post Graduate Studies was drawn in consultation with the petroleum industry and it is delivered jointly by lecturers from the University of Port Harcourt, other universities and experts from the petroleum industry. The lectures are in modules, covering General, Core, Practical and Field training modules.
- Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) and Masters of Sciences (MSc) in Petroleum Geosciences
Full-Time: 12 months.
Part-Time: 18 months.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Petroleum Geosciences
- 24 months.
- 36 months.
Mode of Study and Examination:-
The mode of study shall be modular hybrid of onsite and online. Students are expected to offer and pass all taught courses, field/laboratory work/visits, seminar and team/individual industrial projects and research work. Examinations will be administered onsite and online at the end of each module. UNIPORT Geosciences Programme Admission Form
Full-time: Physical with real-time online video conferencing (Monday to Friday,
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.).
Part-time: Real-time online (Monday to Friday, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.); and
Weekends (Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.) Physical.
The students are taught by instructors from Universities and experts from the oil and gas industry.
Admission Requirements for Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Petroleum Geosciences:-
- First degree holders, from recognized Universities with minimum CGPA of 1.50 on a 5-point scale or Higher National Diploma holders, from recognized Institutions of higher learning, with minimum of Upper Credit in Petroleum Geosciences, Geology, Geophysics, Petroleum Engineering, Gas Engineering, and Geo-mining Technology are invited to apply.
- Holders of Higher National Diploma certificates, from recognized Institutions of higher learning, with minimum of Lower Credit in the areas above and possess cognate experience in the oil and gas industry are eligible to apply.
All candidates of Nigerian origin resident in Nigeria must have obtained their NYSC discharge certificates.
Admission Requirements for Master of Science (MSc) in Petroleum Geosciences:-
- Holders of first degree certificates with minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 5-point scale or Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) certificates with minimum of Credit, from recognized universities, in Petroleum Geosciences, Geology, Geophysics, Petroleum Engineering, Gas Engineering, and Geo-mining Technology are invited to apply.
- Holders of Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) with minimum of Merit, from recognized Universities, in Petroleum Geosciences, Geology, Geophysics, Petroleum Engineering, Gas Engineering, and Geo-mining Technology and possess cognate experience in the oil and gas industry are eligible to apply.
Admission Requirements for Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Petroleum Geosciences:-
- Holders of Master’s degree certificates with minimum CGPA of 3.5 on a 5-point scale, from recognized universities, in Petroleum Geosciences are invited to apply.
- Holders of Master’s degree certificates with minimum CGPA of 3.5 on a 5-point scale, from recognized universities, in Petroleum Engineering, Gas Engineering, Geology, Geophysics, Petroleum Geosciences and, Geo-mining Technology and possess cognate experience in the oil and gas industry are eligible to apply. Dollar to Naira Rate
A non-refundable application fee of twenty-five thousand naira (
N25, 000.00) for Nigerians and USD65 for non-Nigerians should be paid online to Centre for Petroleum Geosciences (CPG) through Remita.
PROCESS FLOW FOR PAYMENT ON REMITA PLATFORM FOR UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT:-
- Go to https://utmedetails.uniport.edu.ng
- Click on miscellaneous & other payments
- Click on select service/purpose
- Click on the relevant item/Centre/Institute on the drop down list
- Click on amount to pay and type in the amount as applicable
- Fill the other information on the page (such as name, E-mail, Phone no .etc)
- Click on create payment. This will take you to the payment slip page.
- Print the page or copy out the RRR number on the page and proceed to any bank branch and make payment.
- To make online payment, click on pay via Remita and follow the instructions on the page to start the application procedure.
Applicants may access the Form online from CPG website and follow instructions for submission.
Applicants may also collect the Form and submit in person or via courier to the Admission Officer, Center for Petroleum Geosciences, University of Port Harcourt.
Important Dates to Remember (any change will be communicated by E-mail)
- Completed Application form must be returned to the Admission Officer, Centre for Petroleum Geosciences, University of Port Harcourt, on or before Friday, October 15, 2021.
- Aptitude Test and Oral interview holds from 25th to 27th October 2021.
- Admitted candidates will be communicated and also names of successful candidates will be displayed on the CPG website at www.cpg.org on Friday, October 29, 2021.
- Registration and commencement of classes – Monday, November 8, 2021.
- Orientation: Friday, 12th November 2021. Jamb Result
Applicants may also contact Dr. Diepiriye C. Okujagu of CPG Office, on phone number +2348033099999 or email@example.com or Mrs. Virginia Naanen on phone number +2348061252103 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. Chinyere Chris-Ikegwuru on phone number +2348056056039 or e-mail email@example.com
Mrs. Joyce C. Tamuno MNIM
🤑 Start making money from home today!
👉 Get correct FREE TIPS and Guides on how to make money from home today. Click here to start
👍Showcase your business here!
With over 1M unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience for you to showcase your products and services. Simply get in touch via 👉 marketing@Infoguidenigeria.com.
🤑 Make Money now!
👉 Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria.
👉 Make Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, read more here
This post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Facebook, Whatsapp, Telegram and Twitter. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
Copyright Warning!Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all contents with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.