Would you like to register or check your company name? People who want to do business or enter into an arrangement with another company that claims legality frequently wonder how to determine whether a company is registered in Nigeria.Things to buy for restaurant
In this article, you will learn more about CAC Public Search publicsearch.cac.gov.ng | Confirm Nigerian Companies and how to determine whether a company is registered in Nigeria in the article.
The CAC office carries out its operation through accredited members of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN), Institute of Chartered Secretaries, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICSAN), and the Nigerian Bar (NBA).
The Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) of Nigeria, which was established in 1990, is the independent organization in charge of policing the creation and administration of businesses in Nigeria.
What are the Requirements for Business Registration?
The following are the requirement to register your business under CAC:
- DTI Certification (Single Proprietor).
- Articles of Partnership SEC (Partnership).CAC Public Search
- Contract of Lease or Land Title.
- Contract of Lease – if you rent the place.
- Land Title / Tax Declaration – if you own the place.
- Mayor’s Permit.
- Barangay Clearance.
Services Offered by the CAC
The services offered by the CAC are categorized into parts including:
- PART A – Registry
- PART B – Registration of Business Names
- PART C – Registration of Incorporated Trustees (NGOs)
These categories include the following services:
- Incorporation of Companies (Private or Public Company, Limited by guarantee)
- Registration of Business Name
- Registration of Incorporated Trustees
- Same Day Incorporation Services under which companies are registered within one day
- Conducting searches
- Issuance of Certified True Copies of filed documents
- Registering share capital increases, mortgages, and other transactions.
- Arrange or carry out investigations into any company’s operations when the needs of its shareholders and the general public so require.
- Company management and dissolution.
- Checking on businesses’ adherence to the CAMA.How to Check MTN Bonus Balance
- Responding to inquiries and complaints regarding the services of the Commission.
- Selling all statutory forms and publications of the Commission.
- Managing the first accreditation process for Chartered Secretaries, Chartered Accountants, and Lawyers who are recognized experts and frequent users of the Companies Registry.
Under the CAC, there are four types of business ventures recognized by the body they include: Private Limited Company (LTD), Public Limited Company (PLC), Companies limited by guarantee, and Unlimited Companies.
How to check company Registration Status with CAC
The Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) is in charge of policing the establishment and operation of businesses in Nigeria.
Kindly follow these easy procedures to see if a company or business is registered:
- Visit the CAC website here >>.www.cac.gov.ng)
- Type the company name in the field provided without “Plc”, “Limited” or “Ltd”.
- Check the “I am not a robot” CAPTCHA box
- Click submit.
Read Also: How to change Date of Birth on NIN
How to search and Register a Business Name with the CAC
You must choose a name before registering your firm. This procedure is carried out online. Visit >>.http://publicsearch.cac.gov.ng:8080/comsearch/test.php once you’ve chosen your choice. to see whether these names are still available.
When prompted, enter the name you wish to search for, check the “I’m not a robot” box, and then complete the captcha. Next, select “Search.”
The search result will provide the business registration number, the company name, the company address, and the year of incorporation if you input the name of a registered company in the CAC online search form (registration).Information Guide Nigeria
The form will produce a blank result if the business name is not registered in the CAC database. You can submit the name for reservation on the CAC online website if the name you submitted corresponds to your proposed business name.
The name will be held for you for 60 days if the CAC authorizes it. You must finish your company’s registration process before the deadline.
Enter the search term, confirm that you are not a robot, and, if necessary, complete the captcha puzzle. after that click “Search”JAMB Result
When you use the CAC online search form to enter the name of a registered company, the search results will provide your firm’s registration number, name, address, and date of establishment (registration).
The form will provide a blank result if it fails to register the business name in the CAC database. You can submit it for reservation on the CAC online website if the name you submitted is the one you want to use for your business.
The CAC will reserve the name for you for 60 days if it approves the name. You must finish the registration process for your company by the deadline stated.
Complete the pre-registration form – CAC1.1 Online using the Company Registration Portal.
The information required to be completed includes:
- Approved Name of the Business
- General Nature of the Business
- Address of the BusinessNpower Recruitment
- Your Name, Address, Occupation as the Proprietor of the Business
- Signature of the Proprietor The filing and stamp duty payments must be paid next. On the CAC website, you can look up the prices for the services. Both online and in-person bank transactions are acceptable for fee payment.
Paying the filing and stamp duty fees comes next. On the CAC website, you may view the service costs. Online or in-person bank transactions are both acceptable methods of fee payment.
Because Steps 1-3 can be completed on the company registration portal (CRP) of the CAC website, you can finish them without leaving your house or place of business.
Read Also: ID Card Printing Machine Prices in Nigeria
Get ready to upload your pre-registration documents by preparing the signed scan copy as follows:
- Memorandum and Article of Association (MEMART)
- Recognized form of identification for Director(s)/Subscriber(s) and Secretary
- Evidence of payment to CAC
The CAC will review the paperwork after the payment has been approved and you have submitted the forms online. If everything is in order, you will be notified that your application has been approved and that your Business Name Certificate is available for pickup.
In order to receive your certificate and the Certified True Copies of the papers, you must exchange the original copies of the forms you uploaded at step 4 (Form CAC1.1, MEMART, etc.) with the CAC office you choose.
The best aspect is that registering your business name only takes a short amount of time. Depending on the CAC’s workload, the registration process can take up to a week.WAEC Result
A business must be properly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission in order to have legal protection. To avoid getting conned, it is crucial to do your research before using a service or doing business with a firm.
If a corporation isn’t registered, a search for it will turn up nothing, and at that point, it will be obvious that it’s a fake.JAMB Form
We trust you will find this information on CAC Public Search publicsearch.cac.gov.ng | Confirm Nigerian Companies useful.
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, and family positively and permanently.
For Latest updates on News, Jobs & Business Ideas, and Opportunities.
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
The images, except where otherwise indicated, are taken directly from the web, if some images were inserted by mistake violating the copyright, please contact the administrator for immediate removal.
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [email@example.com] for immediate removal.
🤑 Start Making Money from home today!
👍Advertise your business here!
With over 1M unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience for you to showcase your products and services. Simply get in touch via 👉 marketing@Infoguidenigeria.com.
🤑 Make Money now!
👉 Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria.
👉 Make Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, read more here