FST Recruitment 2021 Guide – In this post, we give you all the information you need about the Federal Teachers recruitment 2021. Here you will see the official Federal Teachers recruitment portal, application requirements, and a step-by-step guide on how to apply.
If you are among Nigerians interested in the Federal Teachers Scheme (FTS) recruitment for this year and keenly waiting for the reopening of the application portal so that you can apply, this post is for you.
In this post we have taken time to treat all the information that will take you through the application process and successfully lands you as one of the participants of the programme.
This article covers comprehensively everything you need to know about the Scheme, the categories of Teachers who make up the scheme, career overview, salary structure, application guide, current status of recruitment in the scheme and success tips on how to become one of the selected participants of the Federal Teachers Scheme for this year.
About Federal Teachers Scheme
Federal Teachers recruitment takes place at the Federal Teachers Scheme (FTS) established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 2006. Creation of the Federal Teachers Scheme was government effort to ensure quality Basic Education delivery in the country. The scheme’s target is to engage unemployed holders of the Nigeria Certificate of Education (NCE) for a two (2) year national teaching service in the primary and junior secondary schools.
The scheme is headed by a national Coordinator assisted by other officials deployed from other departments under the Commission. It operates under the Federal Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) and adopts some of its structures. At the state levels, the scheme’s affairs is overseen by a state Desk Officer. The Federal Teaching Commission is headquartered in Abuja.
The Federal Teaching Scheme has the following objectives to achieve:
- Enlistment of candidates into the scheme
- Deployment of selected Teachers to the states
- Maintenance of accurate Database for the scheme
- Monitoring the performance of serving Teachers and generating reports for management’s consideration
- Preparation of monthly list of eligible participant’s payment
- Coordination of Induction/Orientation training
- Capacity building and physical verification of serving Teachers
- Liaising with the state Universal Basic Education Boards on matters affecting the implementation of the scheme
See Also: NDE Recruitment
Career Overview at the Federal Teachers Scheme (FTS)
Qualified candidates are shortlisted and selected as statedd above to teach subjects in the areas of their discipline in the primary and secondary schools across the country. After two years of dedicated service participants in the Federal Teachers Scheme are either retained or disengaged depending on the available vacancies in the school’s manpower and the ability of the commission to cater for new intake. The Federal Teachers Scheme job is both a training process and proving ground for participants to showcase their teaching skills.
Ranks of in the Federal Teachers Scheme
The Federal Teachers Scheme is categorized into two (2) namely: the primary school category and the secondary category. The primary cadres of federal teachers focus on the development and implementation of the basic education syllabus while the junior secondary cadre focuses on young adult education in the junior secondary schools. However, if a participant is qualified to be confirmed as a substantial Teacher either in the primary school or Junior Secondary school, he/she can then work hard for promotion as service continues.
Federal Teachers Salary Structure
The salary scale for participants in the Federal Teachers Scheme is fixed at N30, 000 which is in line with what their counterparts in such programmes such as the N-Power Volunteers earn.
See Also: Customs Recruitment
Federal Teachers Scheme (FTS) Recruitment Process
- Interested persons are to obtain forms from the state Chairman of Universal Basic Education Board
- Read through the form carefully
- Fill the form
- Attached necessary qualification with other credentials
- Fill and forward completed forms to the chairman, state Universal Basic Education Board in your local government area or SUBEB of your state.
Federal Teachers Recruitment Requirements
To be eligible for the Federal Teachers scheme selection, a candidate must possess the following:
- Nigeria Certificate of Education (NCE) from a government recognized or approved institution obtained earlier than 2013
- Specialize in any of the following subject areas: English Language, Mathematics, Sciences, Special Education, Vocational Studies, Computer Science, Early Childhood Education, Nigeria and Foreign Languages
- Not be in employment with any organization during the time of service
- Not above forty (40) years of age
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of Local Government of origin
See Also: N-POWER Recruitment
How to Apply for Federal Teachers Recruitment
Suitably qualified and interested candidates in the Federal Teachers Scheme (FTS) programme can apply via the recruitment portal at www.ubec.gov.ng or:
- Visit https://teachfornigeria.org
- Click teaching vacancies
- Register with valid email and phone numbers
- Fill in your detail
- Accept the terms/conditions and job functions/current role
- Attach your credentials and passport photograph
- Review your information with the code sent via your email or phone number
- Submit your application form
- Check your mail for certification message
Current Status of the Federal Teachers Scheme Recruitment
The Federal Teachers Scheme recruitment portal is not yet open for applications this year. Meanwhile, we promise that this page will be updated as soon as SUBEC announces the reopening of FTS portal for applications. Despite the news making the round in some quarters that FTS is recruiting, we hereby advice, after diligent research that you stay off such announcements as the may be perpetrated by scammers aiming to defraud the unsuspecting members of the public under the guise of FTS recruitment.
See Also: Nigeria Police Recruitment
The above article contains information about everything you need to know and put yourself at advantage of getting selected for the Federal Teachers Scheme (FTS) recruitment exercise that is billed to commence any time from now. I have covered areas such as brief introduction and history of the FTS programme, career overview, ranks/categories, salary structure, recruitment requirements, application guide and success tips on how to get selected. We also promise to keep you updated as soon as the FTS application portal opens. Even though it is uncertain when the FTS recruitment portal will open for 2021 applications, we can assure you that this page will be updated immediately the news reaches us. So, stay connected to be updated.
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, family positively and permanently.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
✍️ Be Our Guest Publisher!
Do you have a press release, breaking news, or any other helpful information to share with our growing readers? If yes, send your article to 👉 email@example.com.
We will be glad to publish it if the information is useful to our audience.
This post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Facebook, Whatsapp, Telegram and Twitter. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in NIgeria.
Copyright Warning!Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all contents with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.