Apply for the ongoing Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc) Recruitment 2021. See the 2 job positions, descriptions, eligibility, and how to apply. Grand Cereals Limited is seeking the services of both graduates and experienced job seekers to fill the vacant positions in their company.
Grand Cereals Limited (GCL), a subsidiary of UAC of Nigeria Plc, is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials to produce and deliver superior quality brands in the animal feed, edible oils, breakfast cereals, pet food and other intermediate and consumer cereals products to Nigeria and West Africa markets.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
1. Security Supervisor
Purpose of Job
- Responsible for providing premium security support services aimed at creating a secured environment for the day-to-day business operations of Grand Cereals Limited.
- Assist the Chief Security Officer in the day-to-day running of security operations at Jos Factory and Outstations.
- Plan and supervise daily factory security patrol, traffic management and journey management in consultation with the Chief Security Officer.
- Monitors and oversees the daily tasking of the security drivers (where applicable) and report to the Chief Security Officer.
- On the directives of the Chief Security Officer, will liaise with the Police Team for adequate deployment of Armed Police Officers for patrols, escorts, and traffic management.
- Oversee the daily activities/operations of the Factory’s Access Control through effective maintenance of appropriate record of access control activities/resources, and report in a standard format to the Chief Security Officer. Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc) Recruitment
- Update records of all equipment, and maintain all records kept and advises the Chief Security Officer on all issues of record management compliance.
- Investigate all security breaches to policies and procedures (when required) and make appropriate recommendations to the Chief Security Officer.
- Document/record all GCL security incidents, and report same to the Chief Security Officer.
- Routine patrols and mobile visits to all locations/beats within the Jos Factory and Outstations to ensure standards and compliance.
- Enforce discipline among the Contract Security Team and recommend appropriate disciplinary actions for erring Contract Security Officers to the Chief Security Officer in line with GCL’ Standard Operating Procedures and Assignment Instructions for Contract Security Officers.
- Attend and oversee Guards’ Parade on daily basis and give an operational briefing to the Chief Security Officer.
- Supervise Contract Security Officers’ manning and daily deployment within the Factory and Outstations, and report to the Chief Security Officer any observed lapses, omission etc.
- Supervise the daily deployment of JTF Officers (where applicable) and ensure their physical presence at the assigned duty post within the Factory.
- Support the Chief Security Officer in conducting of risk assessment of all security activities.
- Carry out any other task assigned by the Chief Security Officer.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of OND in Security Operations and Management or in any related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in security operations preferably in an industrial/corporate security.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude: Pounds to Naira
- A good team player with high level of self-discipline and high sense of responsibility.
- A strong drive for results with the ability to coordinate the activities of Contract Security Personnel.
- Good communication skills (spoken and written) with a basic and working knowledge of the use of computer.
- Effective liaison skills within and outside GCL with ability to collate and disseminate intelligence data; carry out security assessments, security investigations and security planning.
- Must possess the ability to work without supervision
Application Closing Date
1st December, 2021.
Link to apply: apply online
See Other Related Jobs:
2. Shift Manager
Purpose of Job
- Ensure effective and efficient operation and maintenance of plant and machinery in the Production floor to achieve annual business targets in a safe, effective, efficient and in environmentally friendly manner.
Production & Packaging:
- Ensure packaging of agreed quantity of products to meet sales and distribution forecasts.
- Plan and control production (Packaging) requirements to demand.
- Ensure that all feed mill attendants are allocated proper workload.
- Prepare plant and equipment for production.
- Make packaging materials available for all the shifts. Jamb Result
- Ensure efficient operation of plant and equipment.
- Support the Plan and execution of routine maintenance.
- Ensure availability of team members to support maintenance and plant operation.
- Update Leadership on the state of facilities and Time Management of equipment.
- Ensure all activities are done according to Standard Operating Procedure.
- Maintain quality assurance to ensure product quality and consistency.
- Ensure packaged products meet specification.
- Ensure correct handling of products at various stages of manufacturing.
- Measure material usage rate for accounting and variance determination.
- Ensure Packaging Materials are of right quality.
- Implement all food safety activities.
Health, Safety and Welfare:
- Ensures health, safety and welfare of employees are assured so that organizational objectives can be optimally met.
- Carry out safety audit with own staff and third parties and implement recommendations.
- Ensure good housekeeping practices by scheduling sanitation/cleaning of the plant daily, cleaning of the material bins.
- Make sure working conditions and environment are in line with the law and company policies.
- Ensure the implementation of all Safety procedures and standards within the work environment.
- Ensure that departmental organization has the continuous availability of sufficient motivated and well-trained personnel.
- Evaluate and control manpower requirements.
- Organizing shift schedules for team members
- Assess performance and potentials of employees.
- Maintain and develop internal communication.
- Optimize the organizational structure.
- Ensure training needs of employees are met.
- Discipline and motivate as appropriate.
- Ensure that proper attendance record is kept for all staff in the shift and that attendance register is duly authorized.
- Take part in managing the career of junior colleagues.
Budget Responsibility: Dollar to Naira Rate
- Operate within approved budget so that set margins are not jeopardized.
- Ensure that breakdowns are promptly arrested to promote the achievement of targets.
- Ensure that Production line efficiencies are maintained.
- Ensure that proper mill settings (appropriate Hammer mill screens, pellet mill load & temp. settings) are made to attain maximum production during the shift.
- Daily, cross-check the weights of raw materials weighed out for production and that of finished feed produced to ensure they conform to the recipe and the required weight of the bagged feed (i.e., 25.1kg or 50.1 kg).
- Ensure that finished feed bags are properly stitched, with labels attached to them.
- Ensure that samples of feed produced batch-by-batch are taken to the quality control Lab. For analysis.
- Co-ordinate with stores, intake requirements necessary for facilitating daily production programs.
- Requires presence at the factory at odd hours when necessary.
- Ensuring that the maximum performance is obtained from the team, plant, and equipment.
- Available all the time to provide facility advice and operational support to his Team.
- Ensure that Operational dimensions are met (Key performance Indicators, Safety and Cost Savings initiatives).
Education and Experience
- First Degree (HND, B.Eng., or BSc.) in Engineering or Sciences.
- 5 years of work experience
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:.
- Knowledge catalyst for personnel
- Analytical thinking/Problem Solving
- Decision-Making Npower Recruitment
- Numerical Analysis
- Relationship management
- People Development
- Teamwork/Team Player
- Good written and verbal communication
- Planning and organizing
- Performance measurement and management
- Integrity. Waec Result
Application Closing Date
1st December, 2021.
⚽ Start winning football betting today!
👉 Get correct FREE GG and Over 2.5 football prediction tips. Click here to join
👍Showcase your business here!
With over 1M unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience for you to showcase your products and services. Simply get in touch via 👉 marketing@Infoguidenigeria.com.
🤑 Make Money now!
👉 Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria.
👉 Make Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, read more here
✍️ Be Our Guest Publisher!
Do you have a press release, breaking news, or any other helpful information to share with our growing readers? If yes, send your article to 👉 firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be glad to publish it if the information is useful to our audience.
This post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Facebook, Whatsapp, Telegram and Twitter. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
Copyright Warning!Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all contents with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [email@example.com] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.