The Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) is an independent agency that is under the supervisory oversight of the Nigerian Ministry of Finance. They are tasked with the responsibility of collecting the customs revenue and anti-smuggling efforts.Information Guide Nigeria
Over the years, the salary structure of the Nigerian Customs Service and their ranks have been much of a debate. Much more since the launch of the new salary scale for Nigerian custom officers and public servants by the Federal Government in 2007.
Are you curious about the new salary structure of the Nigerian Customs Service? If yes, then continue reading this post to find out.
What You Should Know About the New Salary Scale for Para-military Personnel
The newly established salary structure for Para-military personnel is known as the merged Para-military Salary Structure (CONPASS).Nigeria Customs Service Salary
This new salary structure sees an increase in the basic salary and allowances for Nigerian Custom officers and all other Para-military organisations.
NOTE: The Nigerian Army, Air Force, and Navy does not fall under this category (Para-military).
List of Ranks in the Nigerian Customs Service
The highest ranked officer in the Nigerian Customs Service is the Comptroller-General, and the Deputy Comptrollers-Generals are next in line.
See full list of ranks and their positions in the Nigerian Customs Service starting from highest to lowest (Senior officers):
- Deputy Comptroller-Generals
- Assistant Comptroller-Generals
- Assistant-Comptroller-General (ACG)The World’s Top 25 Bicycle Brands 2023 Update
Functions & Roles of the Nigeria Custom Service
Although the Nigerian Customs Service is an independent agency under the supervisory oversight of the Nigerian Ministry of Finance, they still have certain roles and responsibilities that come with their position, and some of these responsibilities and functions include:Query Letter Guide 2023: How to Reply a Query Letter for Misconduct in an Office
- Collection of Customs Revenue (Import /Excise Duties & other Taxes /Levies) and accounting for same;
- Carrying out Anti-Smuggling activities;
- Carrying out various Security functions;
- Generating statistics for planning and budgetary purposes;
- Monitoring Foreign Exchange utilisation, etc;
- Engaging in Research, Planning, and Enforcement of Fiscal Policies of the Federal Government;
- Manifest processing;
- Licensing and registration of Customs Agents;
- Registration and designation of collecting banks; and
- Working in collaboration with other government agencies in all approved ports and border station across the nation.Npower Recruitment
Allowances In Nigerian Customs Service
There are various allowances in the Nigerian Customs Service. However, it does not mean that they are entitled to every personnel in the office.
While some of these allowances are open to every personnel, others are tailored towards some specific personnel because of their ranks and position in the customs service. For example, rent allowances are only for officials that are not provided with accommodation by the Federal Government.
The NCS allowances include:
- Utility allowance
- Hazard allowance
- House maintenance allowance
- Uniform maintenance allowance
- General Services allowance
- Torchlight allowance
- Detective allowance.
- Hardiness allowance
- Plain-Cloth allowance
- Furniture allowance
- Personal ServantJAMB Form
The Nigerian Customs Service Salary Scale
The Nigerian Customs Service Salary structure is in accordance to the new salary structure for all Para-military Personnel which is known as the merged Para-military Salary Structure (CONPASS).JAMB Form
According to this salary structure, the least paid officer in the customs service which is the I Spector is to earn N27,779 monthly. He is also entitled to an additional N4,000 monthly of he/she is not provided with accommodation.
On an average basis, a customs officer will earn N75,000 monthly, and about N900,000 per annum. This is usually dependent on the level of service and educational qualification.
The Controller-General of Customs who is the highest ranked officer receives the highest salary, while the Deputy Controller Generals, and Assistant Controller Generals follow up in that order.JAMB Result
The Nigeria Customs Current Salary Scale
Recently, the Federal Government has upgraded the salary structure for the Nigerian Customs Service. This upgrade will ensure that the officers recurve good allowances every month, coupled with a slight increase in basic salary.
See the salary structure for various job positions in the Nigerian Customs Service below:
- Customs Assistant – ₦298,506 – ₦330,321
- Assistant Inspector of Custom – ₦357,358 – ₦411,484
- Inspector of Custom – ₦483,014 – ₦567,065
- Assistant Superintendent of Customs II – ₦888,956 –₦988991
- Assistant Superintendent of Customs I – ₦1,012,562 –₦1,143,539
- Deputy Superintendent Customs (DSC) Officer – ₦1,094,027 –₦1,252,038
- Chief Superintendent Customs (CSC) Officer – ₦1,158,172 – ₦1,325,234
- Assistant Comptrollers – ₦1,225,584 – ₦1,405,449
- Deputy Comptrollers – ₦1,619,447 – ₦1,825,589
- Comptrollers – ₦1,759,829 – ₦1,966,281
- Assistant Comptroller-General – ₦2,272,288 – ₦2,464,560
👍Advertise your business on InfoGuideNigeria.com!
From just N4,999 per month, you can advertise your products and services to over 1,500,000 users on our website. Click here to read more.
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, and family positively and permanently.
For Latest updates on News, Jobs & Business Ideas, and Opportunities.
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us for immediate removal.
🤑 Start Making Money from home today!