In Nigeria, people use body creams everyday. They are used as fashion items, especially women. They use them on their body to make their skin supple, look beautiful and radiant. Because of this, women and men spend more money to buy body creams and lotions.
Body cream production is a very lucrative business all over the world. You can make millions of naira from it daily, weekly, monthly and yearly. It is a business niche you can venture into and make huge amount of profit.
Body cream and lotion production can be started at home to generate income for you. It’s profit potentials is also enhanced by the fact that it is found in most ladies and men’s rooms.
Read Also: How To Produce Soap In Nigeria
A lot of beauty saloons, hairdressing saloons, barbing salons also have body creams as part of their beauty products, which customers demand for everyday.
Body creams and lotions are easy to produce. The ingredients used for producing them are petroleum jelly, paraffin wax, paraffin oil, Vitamin E which are easily sourced and purchased from the market. These ingredients are easy to mix, hence, you can use them to make your own creams and lotions easily.
In this article, I will discuss the simple method of Producing body creams both on small scale and commercial scale.
Profitability of Producing Soap
Producing body creams is a very profitable business in Nigeria. With just #20,000, you can start producing body creams from your home. You can earn at least #300,000 weekly from a small scale body cream production enterprise.
This is because body creams are essential body beautification products that are supplied and demanded everyday. A day can’t go without people using body creams and lotions.
Also, bodily creams and lotions are demanded by beauty saloons, hairdressing saloons and barbing saloons. Name it: old men and women, young men and ladies, boys and girls, babies; name it use body creams and lotions daily.
Read Also: How to Produce Shampoo in Nigeria
Amount of Money Needed for the Investments
Starting a body cream production enterprise is not difficult and expensive. You can start with just #20,000. With this amount of money, you can start producing body creams and lotions a d earn money weekly, daily , monthly and yearly.
1. Croda wax
2. Bee wax
3. Micro wax
4. Paraffin oil
5. Petroleum jelly
7. Vitamin E
9. Acetyl alcohol
12. Propylene glycol
13. Stearic acid
1. Mixing tank
3. Heating system
5. Gas burner
8. Weighing scale
9. Packaging containers
10. Standard steel pot
Read Also: How to Produce Perfume in Nigeria
Where to Find the Materials
a. The chemical ingredients can be procured from manufacturers and laboratories selling laboratory reagents.
b. Packaging containers can be procured from central markets.
c. Chemical ingredients could also be procured from online stores.
Step-by-Step Process of Production
I will know discuss the production of the following body creams:
1. Body Moisturing Cream
2. Put a clean pot of water on the stove
3. Allow the water to boil.
4. Put a stainless bowl over the pot on the stove.
5. Add bee wax.
6. Allow the bee wax to dissolve.
7. Add acetyl alcohol to it.
8. Add shea butter to it.
9. Add petroleum jelly to it.
10. Allow the ingredients to dissolve.
11. Heat 1 litre of water on a different stove.
12. Add lanolin, stearic acid, propylene glycol, glycerine, and water.
13. Continue to stir repeatedly to incorporate all the water.
After stirring, pour the melted oil into a food processing blender and blend for 5 minutes to avoid chunks of shea butter and bee wax in order to create a smooth finished product.
14. Add colorant to it.
15. Stir and allow for some minutes.
16. Put off the heat and allow to mixture to cool.
17. Add preservative and fragrance to the mixture.
18. Then, stir the mixture to allow all ingredients mix thoroughly.
19. Scoop it into clean jars with fitted lids.
20. Allow to set completely before placing the fitted lids
Read Also: How to Produce Aftershave in Nigeria
1. Light up heater.
2. Put pot on the heater.
3. Pour some paraffin wax into the pot on the heater.
4. Add petroleum jelly to the paraffin wax in the pot.
5. Stir to allow the petroleum jelly and paraffin wax to mix thoroughly.
6. Prepare an empty container.
7. Pour some paraffin oil into the empty container.
8. Remove pot containing mixture of paraffin wax and petroleum jelly from heater.
9. Pour mixture of paraffin wax and petroleum jelly into the other container having paraffin oil.
10. After pouring into the new container, mix contents thoroughly.
11. Add perfume to the mixture in the new container.
12. Stir the mixture thoroughly.
13. Allow the mixture to cool.
14. Pour into appropriate containers.
1. Pour 200g of petroleum jelly into the stainless steel tank.
2. Heat up to melt the jelly.
3. Add 30grams of paraffin wax to the petroleum jelly in the tank.
4. Add 10Cl of liquid paraffin oil to the mixture.
5. Add sufficient lanolin to the mixture.
6. Add Methyl propylene to the mixture.
7. Add 1-2 table spoonful of colorant and put perfume after cosmetics have cooled down to about 30 degrees. Blend the mixture thoroughly.
8. Pack the product into plastic containers of various sizes .
9. Body Lotion
10. Switch on the heater.
11. Put pot on the heater.
12. Pour cords wax into the pot.
13. Pour paraffin oil into the pot.
14. Pour borax into the pot.
15. Stir the ingredients to mix thoroughly.
16. Add colouring to the mixture.
17. Stir the mixture again to mix well.
18. Pour acetyl alcohol on the mixture.
19. Add formalin to the mixture.
20. Stir the mixture to mix well again.
21. Remove the pot from the heater.
22. Add hot water to the mixture.
23. Stir the mixture to mix thoroughly again.
24. Add perfume to the mixture.
25. Finally, stir the mixture to mix thoroughly.
26. Package body lotion into customised plastic containers.
You have made your body lotion.
a. Procure customised plastic containers from plastic companies in your area.
b. Use well designed labels for your product from a graphic designer.
c. Use cartons to package your containers of body cream for easy storage and delivery to customers.
a. Market your products directly to friends, neighbours.
b. Market directly to retailers and wwholesalers
c. Market directly to hairdressing salons, beauty salons and barbing saloons.
d. Market on the internet.
e. Market on social media platforms.Click here to see the latest work from home jobs
Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
Click here to Join Recharge and Get Paid
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria