We will show you the 5 Steps to Produce Hand Sanitizer in Nigeria. Here you will find the ingredients and the mixing methods to product sanitizers.
Health, they say is wealth! With the alarming outbreak of various diseases over the years in our country, it is evident that one has to be very cautious of little trinkets that determine how health and keeps one safe. Ebola, monkey-pox and what else was the latest one?
Germs are microorganisms and cannot be seen by our naked eyes, except, by the use of microscopes. These germs are all around us and we come in contact with them in virtually everything we do and our day-to-day activities.
Read Also: How To Package Liquid Soap In Nigeria
Our most prone body part that introduces germs to other entire body system is our hands. When we cough, sneeze, shake hands, touch the door knob, grab that piece of snack, mop the floor, flush the toilet, clean up after defecating, and in virtually everything we do.
We often try as much as possible to avoid this by washing our hands often, but how does mere hand washing effectively kill and inhibit the spread and activities of these germs? How often do we also get to walk about with water and soap? Lol, definitely, not to every place or event!
Hand sanitizers are quite viscous disinfecting substances, usually packaged in very little containers, have an appealing smell and is applied to the hand to clean and make it free from microorganisms.
Ingredients Used To Produce Hand Sanitizers
Before I continue in my prowess to woo you over to become an hand sanitizer lover, let’s see the few ingredients needed to get the sanitizer produced so that we do not spend an arm in getting one, especially, when any there’s the recent outbreak of any disease.
Rubbing Alcohol or Ethanol: Rubbing alcohol is also known as isopropyl alcohol. Another name of which is surgical spirit, the rubbing alcohol is commonly used for cleaning woods in the hospital and can be used at home for the same purpose too. The rubbing spirit is a great disinfectant and it dries up instantly too.
Alcohols are volatile and this would improve the volatile property of the hand sanitizer, as they easily get dried up after disinfecting the hand. Ethanol can also be used for this same purpose. In either ways, the alcohol used must be at least ninety-one percent (91%) v/v
Aloe Vera Gel: This is gotten from natural aloe vera plants. Aloe vera gels are anti-fungal jelly substances. This ingredient not only makes the sanitizer jelly in texture, but is also an active ingredient in killing germs and fighting fungal activities. It is an important disinfecting ingredient of the sanitizer.
The aloe vera used, must be a hundred percent (100%) pure i.e. it must contain no additive. It can just be extracted directly from the aloe vera plant.
Essential Oils: These are oil extracts from plants such as tea tree, lavender, vanilla, peppermint, or cinnamon. They improve the scent of the product as they have characteristic fragrance of the source from which they were extracted. These oils also have antiseptic properties and are capable of preventing microbial infections.
Vegetable Glycerin: This is a colourless, odourless, viscous liquid produced from plant oils. It primarily gives the product a better binding power and is preferable to be used as a few producers see it as an unnecessary ingredient at times. High-proof vodka or hazel extract would do the binding magic in the production of your hand sanitizer.
Vitamin E: It helps to soften hands, and also serves as a natural preservative to increase the shelf-life of your product.
Read Also: How To Produce Bathing Soap In Nigeria
Recipe! Recipe!! Recipe!!!
- 200ml of rubbing alcohol
- 60ml of aloe vera gel
- 5ml (about 10 drops) of essential oil
- 30 ml of vegetable glycerin
- A teaspoon of vitamin E
This recipe would produce about 300ml of the desired hand sanitizer, and of course, the recipe could be slashed or multiplied based on the desired quantity of hand sanitizer to be produced.
1, 2, … , 5 Steps To Producing Your Hand Sanitizer
- Add the aloe vera gel and the vegetable glycerin together and pour into an electric mixer. Put on the mixer to mix mildly for a few seconds. Alternatively, because of the small quantity of ingredients used, the ingredients can be poured into a small finger spray bottle where the whole production process will take place, and the bottle will be whirled from time to time to ensure smoothness of product.
- Add the rubbing alcohol into the mixer or bottle (as it best applies to you) and mix or whirl.
- Mix vitamin E with 10 drops of the essential oil and then add to the already prepared mixture and mix/whirl.
- Turn on the mixer to mild mixer to run for two minutes to get the final product. Also, use mix on blender and do not blend so as to keep the viscosity of the product intact and the, funnel the mixture into the container (a small squirt bottle works well since the sanitizer should be portable enough to be carried about throughout the day). Or betterstill, keep whirling all the way till you are satisfied with the outcome of your final product.
- Package in small bottles/containers with covers/lids. Remember that the hand sanitizer contains about seventy percent (70%) alcohol which makes it very volatile. So, when not properly covered, you may just be reducing the yield of your product and then, also exposing it to atmospheric microorganisms, which will eventually abuse the sole use of the hand sanitizer.
Read Also: How To Package Liquid Soap In Nigeria
Commercial hand sanitizers can be expensive and also, many at times, have a chemical scent that most people find unpleasant.
They often contain the presence of heavy chemicals, so, while they are effective at killing germs, they can be dangerous to one’s health and most importantly, the immune system when they are used frequently.
Making your own hand sanitizer is a very easy process that helps you formulate your own customized hand sanitizer that suits your personal tastes.
Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
Click here to Join Recharge and Get Paid
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria