Neon signposts are favorites of businesses in Nigeria today. In almost every town or city in Nigeria, we see them elegantly installed by such business places as banks, fast foods centers, clubs and bars, relaxation centers, churches, schools etc. They are needed for aesthetic and for advertisement purposes.
Neon signposts production basically entails the arts, science, and technology of producing signposts or allied materials using Neon signs. This article discusses not just that, but how to make money doing this in Nigeria.
Now, why do people need neon signs? What makes this business tick? Is there a market for neon signs in Nigeria at present? If yes, what is this market structure like?
Read Also: How To Start Bar Lounge Business In Nigeria
This and more forms the basis of this discussion even as I start with a brief on what Neon sign is and the discussion continues from there.
What Is A Neon Signpost?
A Neon signpost belongs to the signage industry. In simple terms, a Neon signpost is a signpost fitted with electric signs.
This electric sign is lighted by long luminous gas-discharge tubes in which is contained a gas called rarefied neon and/or other gases.
Right from the 1920s, neon signs have been in popular use in the United States in places like the Times Square, and as reported by Wikipedia, produced by well over 2,000 small shops by 1940.
In Nigeria, Neon signposts are gaining patronage by the day. We hope to see more patronage in the next few years.
Businesses Already Into Neon Signpost Production In Nigeria
Neon sign production business is not in any way new to Nigeria. Presently, many companies are into it full-scale.
An example of such a company is Lusete Neon Signs Nigeria Limited located Off Ogbalaja, 51 Apata St, Lagos. Another reputable company that is into Neon sign production in Nigeria is Goldfire Nigeria Limited located at New Nigerian Newspaper Compound 220A Apapa Road, Ijora, Lagos State, Nigeria.
Last but not least in this review is 3D Neon Signage And Digital LED Signs situated at Jahi, Abuja (FCT) State, Nigeria. This clearly shows that Neon sign production business is big business. So, if you go into it, you are definitely not making any mistake.
There are others who are into the exportation and distribution of neon sign products. You can check that out with this link: https://importer.tradekey.com/nigeria/neon-signs.htm
How To Produce Neon Signpost In Nigeria
Neon signposts are produced using glass tubes which have been bent into letters or shapes and in which is filled an inert gas. The kind of gas in these tubes will determine what the color of the light will be.
So, technically speaking, to produce neon signposts, kindly follow the steps below:
1. A glass blowing technique is used to shape the tubes. The spots where the tubes are to be bent are then marked after a pattern which is drawn on a fire resistant sheet.
2. Each of these marked spots is then heated with a burning ribbon burner of about 1200° F. In 30 seconds, the glass would have becomes soft enough and malleable. This is gently bent, blown with air via the uncorked end to bring back the tube’s original diameter.
3. After all the necessary development processes have been undertaken, the glass is then fitted into a constructed material and ignited to produce neon signpost.
How To Get Trained In Neon Signposts Production
You need to undergo comprehensive neon signposts training to be able to produce Neon signposts. The best form of training for this is via apprenticeship. After your apprenticeship, stay on the job for at least 2 years before considering establishing your company.
Who Buys Neon Signpost In Nigeria And Why? A Market Outlook
Neon signposts have multifarious uses, hence their growing demands in Nigeria. However, the demand for neon signposts presently is not much as many businesses are yet to embrace this technology. So, basically, enlightened businessmen use neon signposts.
The patronage for Neon signposts is hinged on:
1. The Colours: The dexterous array of colors produced by neon signposts adds beauty to a business environment. So, companies such as banks, small-scale businesses etc. have found neon signposts as a good compliment to their brands. Additionally, people buy neon signposts because they add a burst of color and glamour to their business premises.
2. It makes business premises to standout: One can hardly have a hard time locating business premises when it’s lit by a neon signpost. That is why marketing managers and business owners go for neon signposts; to make their businesses seen.
Read Also: How To Start AC Repair Business In Nigeria
How To Make Money Off Neon Signposts Production In Nigeria
It is very possible to go into neon signposts production and make money doing that in Nigeria.
Presently, a majority of Nigeria businesses are looking for avenues to advertise and make their businesses outstanding. If you could introduce them to this option, I guess a majority of them will appreciate.
The good news is that this business is not yet saturated in Nigeria. So, you have the amplest opportunity to make money off it while.
The following are some of the ways you can make money selling Neon signposts:
1. Production of Window-size Neon signposts: These are the kinds of signs which are installed within business premises, at the store window. Such Neon signposts are usually seen dangling using small chains.
2. Manufacturing Window border Neon signposts: These are board-like in shape and are fitted to the walls or window in stores. They are some of the most attractive kinds of neon signs.
3. Custom Neon signposts production: these are customized neon signs suited for homes or offices and which are designed to custom taste. For example, someone may need you to produce a neon sign in the form of a necklace or wristband.
4. Production and sales of Neon signposts Artworks: here, you can custom-make Neon signposts – not necessarily for advertisement but for aesthetics. This form of Neon signposts will sell very well in a culture-laden country like Nigeria.
5. Repairs of Neon signposts: undergoing Neon signposts repairs is another money spinner. This is practically highly profitable since due to your expertise, it will take just a little time fix broken or damaged Neon signposts and make quick money off it.
Read Also: How To Start Fertilizer Business In Nigeria
Summary and Conclusion
Selling Neon signposts in Nigeria is not an issue if your designs are great and enticing. So, you must have three (3) things in mind while producing – the message, the aesthetics, and the price. Once you can factor this 3 into your production, you are good to go.
Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
Click here to Join Recharge and Get Paid
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria