Functions of the Nigerian Internet Group:
1. The Nigeria Internet Group Carried Out Education Awareness Programs About Internet In Nigeria
2. The Nigeria Internet Group Contributes to Government ‘s Policies Related To Internet
3. Promotion of Internet as a Tool for Development
4. Makes Provision or All Nigerians to Access Internet
5. Sensitization of Government About the Numerous Potentials of Internet to Development
It has been one of the functions of the Nigeria Internet Group to ensure that, the government of the federal republic of Nigeria is well sensitized about those potentials Internet can offer for the development of Nigeria.
It is a known fact that, Internet is a veritable tool for social and economic development, and going by this fact, the Nigeria Internet Group has went as far as, not only sensitizing the government about the internet potentials, but also the general public.
The Nigeria Internet Group believes that, to achieve the purpose to which, the Nigeria Internet Group was founded, both the government and the general public should be sensitized about the potentials of the internet.
6. Promotes and Champions the Development of Local Internet Content
7. Promotes Formulation of Appropriate Legislation and Policies for the Growth of Internet in Nigeria
It has been the function of the Nigeria Internet Group to ensure that, formulation of appropriate policies are promoted, and that include appropriate legislation too for the purpose of developing internet in the country. The Nigeria Internet Group aim behind this its function is to help drive the growth of Internet in Nigeria.
Nonetheless, it is the formulation of such appropriate policies and legislation that has led to the development and growth of Internet in Nigeria.
9. Creates and Adopts Appropriate Standards and Enforces Compliance
In every organization, there is a set out standard on how to go about its operations, therefore, in the Nigeria Internet Group, there is no exemption thus, the Nigeria Internet Group do saddled with the responsibility of promoting, as well as, creating and adopting best and acceptable standards on how to go about Internet business in Nigeria.
Besides the Nigeria Internet Group function of promoting the creation and adoption of best standards in the operation of Internet in the country, it is its duty to ensure that, these set out standards are adhere to, in other words, it is the responsibility of the Nigeria Internet Group to enforce compliance to these set out standards.
Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
Click here to Join Recharge and Get Paid
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria