Technology is now ruling the whole world. Technology has changed the way people do things. To bridge the digital divide gap, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has decided to transmit its election results electronically.Information Guide Nigeria
For sure, INEC wants to be a trusted agent. It wants to make sure that the elections it conducts are credible.
INEC believes that going for electronic transmission of its results will bring transparency to the Nigerian electoral process.
Read Also: 10 Functions of INEC in Nigeria
What is Electronic Transmission of Results?
Electronic transmission (e-transmission) of results is the use of electronic means in making public the results of elections. Computers that are connected to the internet are used to publish election results. Mobile Network Operators can also be used for the same purpose.
The questions that may be asked are:INEC e-Transmission of Election Results
- Is INEC ready for this e-transmission?
- Can INEC foot the bills?
- Can INEC withstand cyber insecurities?
- Are the mobile networks in Nigeria ready to provide INEC with the internet services needed for the transmission?
To prove its readiness, INEC published its stand on its site www.inecnigeria.org. It says that it is very ready for electronic transmission. If INEC says that, it is ready for electronic transmission of its results, who should doubt it?How to Check MTN Airtime Balance via SMS and USSD
Before INEC is coming out to say that it will now be transmitting its results electronically, it must have studied the environment to know what it takes to do that. Therefore, it should not be doubted. INEC can only be blamed when it fails. It cannot be blamed before any failure.
There are some controversies about INEC transmitting its results electronically. Notable among them are INEC’s readiness and the capacity of national infrastructure for transmitting elections results electronically in the nation.
The bright side is that INEC has come out to clear every controversy. To INEC, it is more than ready for transmission. INEC has also stated without any doubt that it has developed adequate structure for the transmission.
If INEC has said that, it is ready for any electronic transmission of results, who should challenge it? INEC says it has developed an adequate structure for the transmission of all results. Who then should doubt it?
One fact is clear to all Nigerians. INEC is an independent body. Therefore, controlling INEC in whatever it does is against the law that made it an independent body.How to Check BVN on Glo
INEC should be commended for its innovation. INEC is dedicated to bringing Nigeria up in Technology. Nigeria is not the only country trying to use technology in the voting process. History has it that, places like Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Estonia, Switzerland, the Philippines, Peru, Norway, Namibia, Italy, India and France have all used it.
Thus, it proves that INEC can take Nigeria to the next level in its electoral process. The lawmakers, no, all Nigerians should praise the INEC chairperson for living up to expectations. Nobody should discourage him in any way.
Read Also: 10 Ways to Improve INEC in Nigeria
Though INEC says that it is now ready to transmit its election results electronically, there are some challenges. Among such challenges are:JAMB Result
- Capital: Electronic transmissions of results need a lot of money. INEC will pay workers. INEC will pay Internet Service Providers that will transmit the results. INEC will buy computers for the transmission. All these take money.
- Hackers: INEC should be ready to face hackers. Nigerians are very clever. Apart from that, the whole world is full of wickedness. Some hackers are ready to hack any site.
- Internet Service Providers: Internet service in Nigeria is still very poor. Like light in Nigeria, the network fluctuates. Such fluctuation can hamper INEC’s intentions.
- Viruses: Computers are prone to viruses. Viruses can attack the computers that will be used for the transmission of the results.
- Saboteurs: Another challenge that INEC will face is saboteurs. Some workers might want to sabotage INEC’s effort. Computers do not operate themselves. People operate them. What they give to the computer is what it will transmit. If they give the computer the wrong data, it will transmit them as the right information. Such transmission will deceive the masses.
- Personnel: INEC will have to train much personnel who can carry out all the activities that will be involved in the transmission. Since this is new to many people, they must be trained before they can get used to what to do.
Advantages of Electronic Transmission of Election Results
There are so many advantages in trying to transmit the election results electronically. The advantages include:
- Transparency: Everything about the results would be clear. There will be no hidden agenda.
- Quick: Every result will almost be ready at the same time. Results will no longer be awaited for days as they had been.WAEC Result
- It would be impossible to change the election results. Figures of election results had been tampered with in the past. It will no longer be so.
- Safety: Election results will now arrive at their destinations safely.
- Trust: The results can now be trusted. Nobody will doubt the published results because the process will be clear to everyone.
Read Also: 10 Solutions to Oil Theft in Nigeria
Disadvantages of Electronic Transmission of Election Results
Yet, there are some disadvantages to the electronic transmission of election results. The disadvantages include:
- Network Failure: Internet service in Nigeria is epileptic. Some card readers have failed in the past due to a lack of network.
- Human Input: Computers do not make mistakes but their operators do. What the operators give to the computers is what they will transmit. If wrong figures are given to them as right figures, they will transmit them as such.
- Malfunction: Viruses and other problems can make the computers not function well.
- Power Failure: computers need the power to function. There can be power failure that will pose a problem to the operators of the computers.
- Cyber Insecurity: Bad people can try to intercept the election results.
The future is very bright for INEC. Every attempt to stop INEC shall fail.
Nigerians are wiser now than before. They now know what is right for them. Some leaders have deceived them many times.Npower Recruitment
What Nigerians need now is exactly what INEC is trying to do. Nigerians need credibility in the electoral process. The beauty of democracy is the fact that it is the government of the people, for the people, and by the people.
It is now that Nigerians’ votes will count. No leader will now impose himself on the electorates. The elected leader will now lead.JAMB Form
So, honest Nigerians will stop whosoever tries to stop INEC from doing the right thing.
All Nigerians should support INEC. Now that we have the right person who is ready to help us get the right leaders, let us all support him.
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, and family positively and permanently.
For Latest updates on News, Jobs & Business Ideas, and Opportunities.
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
The images, except where otherwise indicated, are taken directly from the web, if some images were inserted by mistake violating the copyright, please contact the administrator for immediate removal.
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] for immediate removal.
🤑 Start Making Money from home today!
👍Advertise your business here!
With over 1M unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience for you to showcase your products and services. Simply get in touch via 👉 marketing@Infoguidenigeria.com.
🤑 Make Money now!
👉 Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria.
👉 Make Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, read more here